Competitive Grants & Charter Schools
The mission of the Competitive Grants & Charter Schools Department is to maximize resources available to the school district to improve educational services. Through grant initiatives, our department seeks funding for effective programs that enhance student achievement, advance school improvement plans, and support district initiatives.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT CHARTER SCHOOL APPLICATIONS!
All Charter Applications must be received in the Charter Schools Department located at 5775 Osceola Trail, Naples, FL 34109 by 4:00 pm on August 1, 2013. Applications submitted after 4:00 pm on August 1, 2013 will not be reviewed. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
If you have any questions about the charter application process, please contact Nicole Hughes at (239) 377-0965, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Jennie Perez at (239) 377-0332, e-mail email@example.com.
Charter School Links:
- General Information
- School Board Policy 9800 - Charter Schools
- Application Information for Charter Status
- Charter School Applications and Evaluation Tools
- Florida Public Charter School Grant Program
- Annual Requirements for Charter Schools
- Renewal of Charter Status
- List of Collier County Public Charter Schools
- Technical Assistance Guide for Charter School Principals
Functions of the Grant Department
- Disseminating grant funding opportunities from local, state, federal and private sources to schools and district departments;
- Providing technical assistance, proposal review, editing, budget development, and writing assistance;
- Coordinating inter-departmental grant proposal development;
- Submitting proposals to funding agencies on behalf of schools (including preparing forms, acquiring signatures, and obtaining school board approval);
- Maintaining a database of all grant proposals submitted and funded in the district;
- Assisting with budget amendments, program amendments, and no cost extensions;
- Assisting with development/submittal of grant program performance reports to funding agencies;
- Assisting with site monitoring visits by funding agencies; and
- Serving as an advocate for grant managers in identifying and resolving issues that impact grant program implementation in the district.
Nicole Hughes, Director
Competitive Grants and Charter Schools
Phone Number: 239-377-0965
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
5775 Osceola Trail • Naples, Florida 34109