Return to Employment Home Page
In addition to completing the online application and submitting your name for an available position in the online vacancy list, your application must contain the following items in order to be considered complete:
- A completed and/or updated District School Board of Collier County online application. See the link at the bottom of this page to access the online application.
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
If degree not verified from U.S., please have your credentials evaluated and translated. Please click on the following link to select an accredited agency: http://www.naces.org/aboutnaces.htm
- Documentation of eligibility for certification in Florida.
Documentation can be one of the following:
- Transcripts reflecting a degree major in education.
- A statement of eligibility from the Florida Department of Education.
- A valid, standard out-of-state certificate.
- Two (2) professional references completed on the Instructional Reference Form. One reference must be from your most recent supervisor.
- A copy of your license, certificate, and/or test results.
- Completion of the Teacher Insight Assessment, which is available as part of the online application process. Teacher Insight is an important component of the employment application and is a requirement for an instructional applicant.
- For highly qualified documentation, experienced applicants must have their previous employer complete one of the following if appropriate:
- Elementary, Exceptional Student Education , Social Science, Elementary Music and Elementary Art experienced applicants, who have completed the HOUSSE plan in another district, must have that employer complete the Verification of Highly qualified HOUSSE form.
- Experienced Elementary applicants who have not previously completed a HOUSSE plan, but have taken the Elementary subject area exam in another state, must have their previous district complete the Verification of Highly Qualified Subject Area Content Test form.
For certification information, requirements and application please visit the Department of Education web site at www.fldoe.org. For certification testing information visit the testing agency at www.cefe.usf.edu.
Send completed documents to:
Collier County Public Schools
5775 Osceola Trail
Naples, Florida 34109-0919
Fax to (239) 377-0336