Professional and Virtual Learning and Continuous Improvement Initiatives
The Department of STEAM Resources, Instructional Technology & Media Services strives to support the mission of the school district by providing exceptional educational opportunities and training for staff that positively impacts student achievement and development.
The department has five major functions:
- Coordinate with Curriculum and Instruction to provide a comprehensive instructional program that integrates science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEAM) to foster student achievement.
- Oversee the development and integration of instructional technology and its impact on classroom instruction.
- Facilitate districtwide STEAM events.
- Coordinate with the Director of Operational Technology in the development and implementation of the Three Year District Technology Plan and approve purchases of classroom technology.
- Oversee the development of the media centers and the coordination of the media program.
- Research new technologies and their application in the instructional environment.