NHS COACH INDUCTED INTO HALL OF FAME
Naples High School boys tennis coach Tony Kamen, the Golden Eagles’ mentor for the past 19 years, recently became only the third member of the Florida High School Tennis Coaches Associations Hall of Fame. Kamen was accorded the honor during the fall Florida Athletic Coaches Association tennis clinic at the USTA National Tennis Campus in Orlando, Florida. Coach Kamen has also been named the National Tennis Coach of the Year in 2004 by the National Federation of High School Coaches Association. Additionally, Coach Kamen was the winning coach for the first three FHSTCA All-Star tournaments, when he coached the Southwest Florida region to three state titles. He has led the Golden Eagles to three state championships and is a former recipient of the Naples High School Coach of the Year award.
NAPLES HIGH SCHOOL BLUE AND GOLD CLUB MEMBERSHIP FOR 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR
BENEFACTOR - $500.00
Harborside Animal Clinic The Jana Caudill Team Real Estate Kalvin & Calvin Marine Construction The Havig Family David & Shelly Gray Wayne & Rebecca Meland Adam & Michelle Morgenstern Supreme Collision Center All Seasons of Naples Dr. & Mrs. James Guerra Matt & Allison Young
PATRON - $200.00
Dee & Associates, CPAs Dan & Teresa Hemmer Thornhill Family Guy Winzenried, MD, FACG The Colon Family The Moll Family Glades Motel Dr. & Mrs. David Axline Joe & Melissa LaCagnina Naples General & Cosmetic Dentistry Chris & Mary Riley Cone Communications Company David Poorman Architect, LLC “’81” The Watts Family J.D. Loden Wealth Management, Inc. Michael & Michelle Lawler
SUSTAINING - $100.00
Denise Murphy Gardenside Landscaping Team Clark Realty James B. Hansen, DDS The Lamb Family Matthew & Suzanne Brown The Dumas Family Keyestone Interlocking Paving Maria Nena A. Barger In Memory of Dr. Matthew Black Marlin Pool Service Amy Zimmerman Caren Mikesh, MD Coleman Eye Care Brian & Desiree Smith Brian & Cheree Diver
Mark Napoli & Gina Travis Erica Drew Goberman Advanced Styles James Gomory Weeks Painting Unlimited Judith Horne Leticia Gomez Jerry Geisler Mitch & Connie Kinstler Pretty Nails Geri & Michael Underhill Cathy Jaen Sindi Zepeda Carol Detschaschell Jennifer Hicks Renee & Rick Fuller Richard & Diane Ponton The Henry’s Perfect Paper and Paint
Thank you for your support of Golden Eagle Athletics!! GO EAGLES!!
2017 NAPLES HIGH SCHOOL HOMECOMING INFORMATION
The Naples High School Homecoming Dance will take place on Saturday, November 4th in the Naples High School gym. This year’s theme is “Under the Sea.” Tickets for the dance will be $25.00 per person. Ticket sales will begin on Monday, October 23rd and end on Friday, October 27th. Tickets will be sold only according to the following schedule:
Monday, October 23rd - Seniors Only
Tuesday, October 24th - Juniors Only
Wednesday, October 25th - Sophomores Only
Thursday, October 26th - Freshmen Only
Monday, October 30th - Non-NHS Guest tickets will be available for purchase to those students that have a pre-approved application on file in the activities office. If additional tickets remain, NHS students may purchase them, however ticket price increases to $35.00 per person.
All homecoming ticket sales will take place in the auditorium during the lunch period only. Students MUST have a picture ID to purchase a ticket and there are NO REFUNDS.
Important: If you have any outstanding obligations (if you owe money for anything: uniforms, books, fines, etc.) now is the time to take care of them, otherwise you will not be permitted to purchase a homecoming ticket or have one purchased for you. You can check your obligation status on Destiny or see Mrs. Gatis in Student Services in Building One.
If you are planning to bring a non-NHS guest to Homecoming, you will need to submit a completed Non-NHS Student Homecoming Application. This form is available for pickup in the activities office in Building One starting today and must be turned in to Ms. Hendry not later than Friday, October 20th. Pick one up today if you need one, because it will take some time for you to get all the required signatures on the form. Questions? See Mr. Modugno or Ms. Hendry in the activities office.
THE 2017 NHS HOMECOMING SCHEDULE HAS BEEN UPDATED
DATE EVENT TIMES LOCATION Monday, October 30th HC Cart Building 6:30 – 8:30 PM NHS Campus (Various Locations) Wednesday, November 1st Olympics & Pep Rally 7:00 – 8:30 PM Staver Field Thursday, November 2nd Dodge Ball 6:30 – 7:00 PM Campus Green Space Friday, November 3rd Football vs. Piper Sunrise HS 7:30 PM Staver Field Saturday, November 4th Homecoming Dance 8:00 – 11:00 PM NHS Gymnasium
GOLDEN EAGLE STUDENT SPIRIT SHIRTS ON SALE NOW!
The 2017-18 Naples High School Student Spirit Shirt is now on sale. Students wearing the NHS Student Spirit shirt will receive free admission to all Naples High School regular season sporting events during the entire school year! That includes every football game, every volleyball game, all boys and girls basketball games, all boys and girls soccer matches , all wrestling meets, all boys and girls lacrosse games, all softball and baseball games and all track meets.
Student Spirit Shirts can be purchased in the activities office for $35.00 each.
ENN SCHOOL NEWS FOR FRIDAY, OCTOBER 20TH:
- Help us support anti bullying by wearing orange on Unity Day. Unity Day is going to be held on Wednesday, October 25th. Together against bullying. Don’t forget to wear orange!
- Juniors and Seniors who have registered for the ASVAB, the test date has been moved to January 23rd. Registration will open again on January 8th.
- Senior members of National Honor Society, we will have a brief meeting today at lunch in 11-214 to vote for this year's club officers. Make your vote count!
- Juniors and Seniors we will have a college representative today the 20th, from Emory University located in Atlanta Georgia that college visit will be held in the Activities Conference Room if your interested please come at the start of the student lunch break.
- Seniors, this is your final reminder; FGCU is having a free application week starting Sunday October 22nd. Go to the FGCU website for details.
- Senior quotes for the yearbook are due next Thursday! No quotes will be accepted after Thursday, October 26th. Drop off quotes in room 6-109.
- Herff Jones will be outside the Media Center during lunch today for you to turn in your cap & gown order!
- Hey there TOMS Club members, and those who want to be, it's time to get your t-shirts! Please remember to bring your money for dues and t-shirt to our meeting TODAY during lunch in room 11-105. We will not be meeting next Friday, so please be sure to attend. Your Candy monies are due Monday, and Yankee Candle orders must be turned in by Wednesday, October 25th! Don't be late, don't forget, and always, be KIND to one another! For more information or to drop off fundraiser monies, see Mrs. Stewart in room 11-105.
- There will be a meeting today, in room 6-109 for any girl interested in playing basketball in Coach Rosset's room at the start of lunch. Paperwork and try-out dates will be discussed.
- Last night the Golden Eagle Volleyball team put up a great effort in a hard fought match against Barron Collier in the district final but came up short losing 15-25, 22-25, and 15-25. The team led at several points through out the match and made some great comebacks to pressure the Cougars all night. The team was led by Lily Grasso with 13 kills and 5 digs; Emma Loden with 12 digs; and Cassandra Alzamora with 4 kills, one that took Barron by surprise and helped spark a mid-set comeback. Next up for the team will be the Regional Quarterfinals at Fort Myers High School on Wednesday at 7 PM. Come out and support the team in this hostile enviroment and help turn their gym into ours!
- Congratulations to Sophomore Golden Eagle Volleyball player Lily Grasso for being named the Naples Daily News Prep Athlete of the Week last week. Lily posted 47 kills, 24 digs, and 7 aces. She received 47% of the online votes and 2nd place only had 20%. Way to go Lily!!!
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM INCubatoredu Volunteer Appreciation Event
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM CCPS VOICE Meeting
November 1, 2017
5:30 PM - 7:30 PM CCPS College Night
November 3, 2017
November 10, 2017
November 14, 2017
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM School Board Organizational Meeting
October 17, 2017