Department of Staff Development, Instructional Technology & Media Services
The Department of Staff Development, Instructional Technology & Media Services strives to support the mission of the school district by providing exceptional educational opportunities and training for staff that positively impacts student achievement and development.
The department has six major functions:
- Coordinate with Curriculum and Instruction/Learning Support Services to provide a comprehensive instructional program that integrates technology to foster student achievement.
- Oversee the professional development program in both the instructional and the leadership areas, maintaining protocols as outlined by the state.
- Oversee the development and integration of instructional technology and its impact on classroom instruction.
- Coordinate with the Director of Operational Technology in the development and implementation of the Three Year District Technology Plan and approve purchases of classroom technology.
- Oversee the development of the media centers and the coordination of the media program.
- Research new technologies and their application in the instructional environment.