Swimming & Diving at Gulf Coast High is a Fall sport.
Swimming & Diving season begins August 1, 2022
20221-23 Swimming & Diving Tryouts
Week of August 1, 2022
Mon, Wed & Thur - 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Tues & Fri - 3:50 pm - 5:15 pm
All swimmers and divers must be cleared through Athletic Clearance prior to participation in Swimming & Diving.
If you do not have medical insurance click on the link below:
The above are external links, which are provided to you for your convenience. When you click on one of these links, you leave the Gulf Coast High School website. These sites are not under the control of Gulf Coast High School or the Collier County School System. Gulf Cost High School is not responsible for the contents of any of these sites.
Shark Swimming and Diving 2022
The Gulf Coast HS Shark Swimming and Diving team is a varsity co-ed team that competes during the fall sports season. We are a competitive swim team where most members have experience already. Potential swimmers should be able to swim at least two of the four strokes for 50 yards without stopping. There will be time trials, and cuts are possible the first week. No experience is necessary for diving, but a willingness to learn and be fearless is helpful.
Here is some important information for you that needs to be taken care of before you come out to the pool August 1st. Please make sure to read everything. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to email the coaches.
* In order to participate in a sport at Gulf Coast you must have a sports physical, proof of insurance, and other consent forms filled out using our system – Athletic Clearance.
* Mrs. Drewniak, the activities secretary, will be back in the office in mid-July to start clearances and to assist if you have any questions.
* You cannot practice until you receive the cleared email.
Practice/Try-outs for both Swim and Dive (all information tentative to change)
* Start Date: August 1st
* Practices are Monday - Friday
Time: 4:00pm-5:30pm Mondays/Wednesdays/Thursdays (Feet Wet 4:15pm) & 2:50pm-4:15pm Tuesdays/Fridays (Feet Wet 3:00pm)
Location: YMCA of Naples on Pine Ridge Rd. Enter through the main entrance and then proceed through the locker rooms out to the pool.
* We will have 3 days of practice, then on day 4 (8/4) there will be a time trial. Everyone will swim a 50 of each of the 4 strokes for time, and cuts are possible.
* You must provide your own transportation to and from practice
* Please remember to not bring valuables and to lock your car – the Y is not responsible for loss or damage.
Online Courses – these must be completed prior to your first day of practice
* Sign up for a free account – nfhslearn.com
* Take the following courses
* Concussions for students
* Heat illness and prevention
* Sudden cardiac arrest
* Bring printouts of your completion certificates or have pictures on your phone with you to the first day of practice or you can email Coach Hunter a copy of each.
Nutrition and Hydration
* It is hot out. Please make sure you are eating properly and staying hydrated throughout the day. You must bring your own water bottles to practice. There are no vending machines at the Y!
* Meets are scheduled weekday afternoons (mostly Thursdays) and some weekends. In order to qualify for districts (post-season), you must swim in at least 5 meets. The schedule is still being finalized and will be ready in August.
Coaches Contact Info
Megan Black (girls swim) – email@example.com
Janice Hunter (boys swim) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Nancy Geiman (boys and girls dive) – email@example.com
See you on the pool deck!!