Middle School (6-8) Programs
eCollier Virtual Academy, part of the CCPS tradition of excellence as an A-rated school district, is a full-time virtual learning option with local Collier County Public Schools teachers. eCollier Virtual Academy Middle School offers a full complement of courses, school counseling support, and flexibility. Students and families commit to at least one semester at eCollier Academy for continuity of programming.
Middle school students will have one assigned teacher per course. Students will complete self-paced lessons and will be required attend weekly live lessons for all state tested subject areas. Students must be enrolled in seven courses which coincide with courses that are grade-level appropriate based on the CCPS Student Progression Plan.
eCollier Virtuall Academy Middle Shool students will use two student learning platforms for their courses. The learning management platforms are CCPS Canvas and FLVS VSA Educator. Students in grades 6-8 will be required to attend weekly live lessons in all state tested subject areas.
Students are required to complete a minimum of 25 hours per week of virtual learning or 6% progress per course per week. This model allows students the flexibility to complete the lessons and assignments outside of the traditional bell times for their particular grade level.
Core Courses (ELA, Math, Science, Social Studies) and Electives
- 4 to 6 hours per course weekly
- 2 to 4 assignments per course per week
- It is recommended that parents partner with the teacher as a learning coach or guide – this is an average commitment of up to 2 hours per day, depending on the student. Parents can support learning by assisting with the following:
- Monitor student daily
- Maintain weekly progress
- Ensure content mastery
- Help with course navigation
All eCollier Virtual Academy 6-8 students are to maintain the CCPS and the FLVS weekly pacing guide requirements per course and grade level. Teachers will provide guidance on pacing to parents.
eCollier Flexible Model Program Structure Successful Student Characteristics
- CCPS teachers interact periodically with students via telephone or video conference
- Online activities, assignments, quizzes, and weekly tests on a flexible schedule
- Flexible pacing with participation expectations
- Required weekly live lessons for each state tested subject area.
- Comfortable with technology
- Independent learner
- Strong time management skills
- Able to set personal deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
eCollier Student Activities
Students can choose to participate in a variety of clubs:
- Math Counts
- We "Dine" Together
- National Junior Honor Society
- Scholar Bowl
- Student Council
Students are also able to participate in athletics at their home zoned school.