Middle School (6-8) Programs
eCollier Academy, part of the CCPS tradition of excellence as an A-rated school district, is a full-time virtual learning option with local Collier County Public Schools teachers. The eCollier Academy Middle School, led by Dr. Denise Lindheim, Principal, is a 6-8 school within CCPS that offers a full complement of courses, school counseling support, and flexibility on the preferred model of delivery. Students and families may choose between a flexible schedule/asynchronous model or a set schedule/synchronous model following a traditional school schedule. Students and families commit to at least one semester at eCollier Academy for continuity of programming.
Middle school students will have one assigned teacher per course. Students will complete self-paced lessons and have the option to attend live chats with teachers at pre-determined times. Students must be enrolled in seven courses which coincide with courses that are grade-level appropriate based on the CCPS Student Progression Plan.
Students are required to complete a minimum of 25 hours per week of virtual learning. This model allows students the flexibility to complete the lessons and assignments outside of the traditional bell times for their particular grade level.
Core Courses (ELA, Math, Science, Social Studies) and Electives
- 4 to 6 hours per course weekly
- 2 to 4 assignments per course per week
- It is recommended that parents partner with the teacher as a learning coach or guide – this is an average commitment of up to 2 hours per day, depending on the student. Parents can support learning by assisting with the following:
- Monitor student daily
- Maintain weekly progress
- Ensure content mastery
- Help with course navigation
All eCollier Academy students are to maintain the CCPS weekly pacing guide requirements per course and grade level. Teachers will provide guidance on pacing to parents.
eCollier Flexible Model Program Structure Successful Student Characteristics
- CCPS teachers interact periodically with students via telephone or video conference
- Online activities, assignments, quizzes, and weekly tests on a flexible schedule
- Flexible pacing with participation expectations
- Comfortable with technology
- Independent learner
- Strong time management skills
- Able to set personal deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
eCollier Student Activities
Students can choose to participate in a variety of clubs:
- Math Counts
- We "Dine" Together
- National Junior Honor Society
- Scholar Bowl
Students are also able to participate in athletics at their home zoned school.