School Board Speaker Registration Form
Important information for School Board Meetings
Regular School Board Meetings are typically held on the second Tuesday of each month at 4:00 p.m. at the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Administrative Center, located at 5775 Osceola Trail in Naples. (Click here for Calendar of Meetings.) Because of the COVID-19 health emergency:
- Face coverings/masks will be required inside the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Administrative Center.
- Public speakers will be expected to keep face coverings/masks in place, covering the mouth and nose, while speaking.
- Appropriate social distancing will be implemented by the District.
Requests to speak at board meetings can now be made online five (5) hours prior to the start of each meeting. In order to exercise appropriate social distancing and related federal, state, and local health and safety guidelines relative to the COVID-19 pandemic, the form will be available for submission until 3:30 p.m. Commencing at 3:30 p.m., such forms will be made available on site at designated stations to best effectuate social distancing. Filling out an online registration card prior to the meeting will hold your place in line to speak.
Please Note: All persons attending the meeting to speak must wear face coverings/masks while in the building and addressing the Board.
As agreed upon on November 17, 2015, Organizational Meeting, public comments at Regular School Board Meetings will be presented in the following order:
- Consent Agenda speakers - The comment card must be submitted prior to the start of the Consent Agenda comment period.
- The Board will then act on the Consent Agenda.
- General Public Comment speakers - The comment card must be submitted prior to the start of the General Public Comment period. Informational items must be addressed during General Public Comments.
- Business Agenda Public Comments - Speakers may comment on any proposition (voted) item. The comment card must be submitted prior to the start of the comment period for each proposition upon which the Board will take official action by vote.
- The business portion of the meeting begins after public comment concludes.
(Individuals who wish to speak at School Board Work Sessions must also complete a comment card. All comments should address the topic(s) being discussed.)