WHAT IS ZooCon?
Collier County Public Schools and the Naples Zoo have created a digital age learning environment, to promote global collaboration between students and scientific experts. By leveraging video conference technology, we have created a fully interactive program for thousands of students to creatively communicate and construct knowledge focused on STEAM learning.
- ZooCon promotes collaboration between students and local and international zoological experts sharing global issues
- Fully interactive experience enabling thousands of students to participate by using video conferencing technology
- Experts on location at the zoo and through video conference from abroad interact with students viewing LIVE event in the classroom
- Students ask questions of experts during each event
- Classroom curriculum aligned to each topic
- Zoo career options are explored after each ZooCon
ZooCon in the News