University of Mississippi
SENIORS! Thinking of applying to Ole Miss? Take advantage of the FREE APPLICATION WEEKEND starting today!!
OCTOBER 16-18 – there will be no application fee if you apply directly through the Ole Miss website. Not applicable to Common App.
TEEN COURT OF COLLIER COUNTY Twentieth Judicial Circuit of Florida
Yale Virtual Session & Current Student Conversation
Explore Yale from Home:
We invite students to...
- Join a Virtual Information Session co-hosted by an admissions officer and a Yale student.
- Ask Yale students anything in a Virtual Student Forum - a live Q&A session with no admissions officers or parents.
- Explore Yale's exceptional science and engineering programs in a Virtual STEM Student Forum with current Yale STEM majors who conduct research in some of Yale's 1,200+ labs.
Visit admissions.yale.edu/virtual-events for a full collection of Yale online events this fall, including events with other colleges and universities.
Virtual Tour: Explore campus from anywhere in the world with the Yale Virtual Tour. Select stunning 360° panoramic views of Residential College dormitories, athletic facilities, the Peabody Museum of Natural History, and more.
Estimate your Yale Cost in 3 Minutes: Yale's Quick Cost Calculator provides a personalized estimate of your family's Yale cost, accounting for financial aid.
Admissions Brochure: You can't pick up a copy from the lobby of the admissions office, but you can still browse a digital version of the Undergraduate Prospectus.
Yale Courses: Dozens of undergraduate lecture courses are available free online for viewing and listening through Open Yale Courses.
New Podcast: Inside the Yale Admissions Office: The admissions office recently launched a podcast featuring firsthand accounts of how officers read applications, make decisions within the Admissions Committee, and collaborate with other offices and resource centers. Learn more and listen wherever you get your podcasts.
Greetings from Middlebury! On both sides of the college counseling desk, we have had to reimagine what traditional “school visits” look like. In an effort to reduce stress on students and Zoom fatigue for us all, our staff at Middlebury has come up with what we hope will be several interesting ways that students and counselors can be in contact with us this fall. Please share this information with any students you feel would benefit from getting to know Middlebury better.
Connect with me: In lieu of in-person school visits and as a way to reduce the number of virtual school visits, we have created opportunities for students to connect with their regional admissions counselor. Please find your regional admissions counselor here and click on their name to see their available meeting times. Your counselor’s link may be useful to post in Naviance, or whatever software you may use to connect your students with colleges and universities. These casual 30-45 minute sessions will feature some basic information about Middlebury (and sometimes a guest appearance from a current student) and provide students with a space to ask questions about Middlebury and the college application process as they would if we were meeting face to face at your schools.
“Join our Journey” and hear directly from Middebury seniors: Several times each week, we are offering opportunities for you to join our Senior Admissions Fellows as they reflect on their own inspiring journeys to and through Middlebury. Most of each session will be devoted to answering student questions. As a complement to these online sessions, we also suggest watching this recorded 30-minute informational presentation about Middlebury College.
Watch a Wednesday Webinar: Covering a different topic each week, our weekly Wednesday Webinars feature admissions counselors, current students, alumni, staff, and faculty members who are happy to speak about their varied Middlebury experiences and answer questions from prospective students and their families. You can find recordings of past webinars here.
Chat one-on-one: We are always more than happy to connect with students and/or counselors one-on-one via phone or a Zoom call. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if we can assist you in any way!
Middlebury College Admissions
131 South Main Street
Middlebury, Vermont 05753
Northeast Public Universities At a Glance Virtual Event
Join us for a special virtual event, Northeast Public Universities At a Glance, with University of Delaware, Binghamton University, Stony Brook University, University of Maryland, University of Pittsburgh, Penn State University, University of Connecticut, and Rutgers University.
Learn about each university’s academic programs, student life and the application process. You’ll be able to provide questions to be answered in advance of the event and hear them answered live.
Friday, October 2
12:00 PM to 1:00 PM ET
You can submit your questions in advance when you register.
Pennsylvania State University
Stony Brook University
University of Connecticut
University of Delaware
University of Maryland
University of Pittsburgh
Rutgers University/Newark Open House From Your House
VIRTUAL EVENTS 2020
Join us from the safety and comfort
of your own home. Hear from current students
and faculty on what it's like to be a Scarlet Raider.
Saturday, October 17th | 10 AM - 12 PM
Wednesday, November 18th | 6 PM - 8 PM
Financing Your Education
School of Arts & Sciences-Newark
School of Criminal Justice
School of Nursing
School of Public Affairs & Administration
Rutgers Business School
International Student Services
Honors Living-Learning Community
Educational Opportunity Fund
Housing & Dining
The University of Miami
The University of Miami will hold a virtual visit for Barron Collier students on October 7th at 3:30 p.m.
Interested students must register for the event at https://apply.miami.edu/register/BarronCollierFall2020
A link for the event will be sent to all participants on the day of the visit.
Ryder University and Westminster Choir College
A Barron Collier Virtual College Visit will be held on October 22nd at 4:00 p.m. with Ryder University and Westminster Choir College.
To join the conversation use zoom link:
Interested in learning more about ECKERD COLLEGE?
Join the Barron Collier High School virtual school visit on October 2nd at 4:00 p.m.
A Barron Collier Virtual College Visit will be held with Rollins College on October 15th at 4:00 p.m.
Interested students can join the discussion at this link:
University of Chicago First Things First Webinar Series
We hope you and your loved ones are doing well during this time! As the academic year begins, your students may be wondering how they can leverage their ideas and interests to make a lasting impact on the world. Their ability to affect change can be enhanced by their education, especially in college, and high school students—especially those just beginning the process—can access more exciting opportunities than ever before to help them confidently navigate their path to college.
UChicago Admissions is proud to host First Things First, a monthly webinar series all about the importance of and value in being first—whether your students are going to be the first in their family to attend college, the first to move out of state, or the first to try something completely new and different, breaking new ground and forging a new path can lead to amazing things in your students' future. First Things First will provide information on how to navigate the application process and and resources to help your students achieve success, and will feature UChicago faculty voices, alumni perspectives, and more! See below for information and registration links for upcoming sessions. We hope you will share these opportunities with your students!
- Saturday, 10/24 at 11 a.m. CDT: First Generation Faculty at UChicago – Tune in to hear from first-generation faculty at the University of Chicago and learn about their perspectives and experiences in academia.
- Wednesday, 11/11 at 7 p.m. CDT: Navigating Success – From a child's first step to a first step on the moon, "firsts" serve as a valuable reminder of limitless possibilities. Join us for a celebration of firsts big and small, and learn about your next steps along the way!
The University of Chicago is committed to ensuring that students from every background can find a home here and to empowering students in the college admissions process. For more information on resources that may be available during the college search process and beyond, consider attending some of these additional events.
- Saturday, September 12 at 3 p.m. CDT: Join Colorado College, the University of Chicago, the University of Southern California, Vanderbilt University, and Yale University for a Quest for College Session to discuss QuestBridge, a national non-profit organization that connects high-achieving, low-income students with highly selective colleges offering exceptional need-based financial aid.
- Thursday, October 1 at 7 p.m. CDT: Virtual Spanish language UChicago information sessions. Consejeros ofrecerán detalles sobre el proceso de admisión y ayuda financiera en español.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to email@example.com with any questions you may have. We look forward to seeing you and your students at an event!
Northwestern’s Fall 2020 Regional Outreach
- We’ve recently launched a vlog series, Applied Learning, which brings admission directors together to discuss broad topics like researching colleges when you can’t visit, application essays, and financial aid. We hope these informal dialogs will bring useful insights while stressing for students that there is no single way to approach the college search nor magic formula for a successful application. We also hope that our conversational approach in these videos will encourage students to be themselves throughout this process, too. The newest vlog in the series, “Anatomy of a Holistic Review,” is scheduled to premiere tomorrow, 9/12. Note that this series is meant for any college-bound student, whether or not they’re considering Northwestern.
- For students who do want to learn more about Northwestern, my most recent blog shares general updates on our fall outreach. We’ve teed up a wide range of digital programs, many with live Q&A. Students can visit our YouTube channel for the full archive, and register for future programs on our website.
3. Finally, like many colleges, we have shifted to a test-optional policy for the coming cycle. We imagine it’s becoming difficult to parse the variations of test-optional unfolding across the college admission landscape, so we invite students to visit our online FAQs for specifics on how to approach their Northwestern application. But the bottom line is simple: Northwestern applications for the coming cycle can stand strong without any external exam scores, and our review process will remain grounded in a holistic approach coupled with a commitment to college access.
Learn about Amherst College from current students from Florida!
I hope that you and your loved ones are both healthy and well. The COVID-19 public health crisis has upended many aspects of life, including the ability to travel widely. While these restrictions prevent us from visiting your schools, I do not want them to limit your ability to learn more about what makes Amherst special.
Please join me, your regional admission dean for Florida, as well as a current Amherst student for a virtual information session on Zoom on Saturday, October 3 at 12:00 PM EDT. These hour-long sessions will include a brief overview of Amherst College and the admission and financial aid application process and will then offer an opportunity for you to hear from a current Amherst student from Florida! We will answer as many of your questions as we can throughout each session.
If you would like to attend, please fill out one of our registration forms:
Saturday, October 3 at 12:00 PM EDT
Registration will close once we have reached capacity for the event, so please consider registering soon. I hope to see you soon!
220 South Pleasant Street, Amherst, MA 01002
Phone: (413) 542-2328 * Fax: (413) 542-2040
Florida Southern College
A virtual college visit is scheduled for Wednesday October 7th @ 3:00 p.m. for Barron Collier students interested in learning more about Florida Southern College.
The Zoom link is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84435608946?pwd=cDFiR2hvY3Z6cGRJc2pNUzJneWROZz09.