Grow 2 Teach
This program is designed as a comprehensive review for non-instructional employees to get a better understanding of the teaching profession. The series will include direct observation of a teacher collaborative planning meeting as well as a classroom observation preferably in the school at which the non-instructional employee works.
The goal of the program is to transition non-instructional staff, who are interested, into college degree programs with the intention of graduating from an education program and working in an instructional capacity within CCPS. Session three within the series involves a local night with representatives from colleges such as FGCU, FSW, and Ave Maria on hand to share the education programs their schools offer.
Contact Human Resources
Phone: (239) 377-0335
Robbie Stanek - Certification Manager
Phone: (239) 377-0347
Instructional/Teacher - Fast Facts:
- $47,720 annually (base: first year, 0 experience)
Benefits – Collier County is one of the last public schools systems in Florida who still pays 100% of the employee premiums for health insurance!
- 100% District-paid Medical and basic term life insurance
- Paid Personal and Sick Leave
- A part of the Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- Free Employee Assistant/Wellness and Work-Life Balance Programs
- Additional voluntary benefits (vision, dental, flexible spending account, pet insurance)
- Bachelor’s degree -> Pass FL Subject Area Exam -> Obtain FL Teaching Certificate
- Fosters student achievement and development.
- Responsible for carrying out the teaching assignment.
- Works with in cooperation with the instructional team and/or department chair in the education process.
- Collaborates with colleagues and develops lessons for the purpose of improving instruction and student performance.
- Communicates regularly with parents, administrators, and educational supports.