Guest 2 Teach
This program is for guest staff who are interested in obtaining Florida Teaching Certification, and are seeking full-time instructional opportunities. The goal of the program is to share information on teaching strategies, classroom management development. This program will involve presentations by the Human Resources and the Professional Learning & Digital Innovations Departments.
Contact Guest Teacher Program:
Caitlin Tarr - Specialist II
Phone: (239) 377-0400
Karina Cabeza - Specialist II
Phone: (239) 377-0402
Phone: (239) 377-0335
Darlyn Scott - Staffing Coordinator
Phone: (239) 377-0392
Instructional/Teacher - Fast Facts:
- $47,720 annually (base: first year, 0 experience)
Benefits – Collier County is one of the last public schools systems in Florida who still pays 100% of the employee premiums for health insurance!
- 100% District-paid Medical and basic term life insurance
- Paid Personal and Sick Leave
- A part of the Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- Free Employee Assistant/Wellness and Work-Life Balance Programs
- Additional voluntary benefits (vision, dental, flexible spending account, pet insurance)
- Bachelor’s degree -> Pass FL Subject Area Exam -> Obtain FL Teaching Certificate
- Fosters student achievement and development.
- Responsible for carrying out the teaching assignment.
- Works with in cooperation with the instructional team and/or department chair in the education process.
- Collaborates with colleagues and develops lessons for the purpose of improving instruction and student performance.
- Communicates regularly with parents, administrators, and educational supports.