PUBLIC RECORDS REQUEST:
In Florida, it is all about the public's business, openness and transparency. The Florida Constitution safeguards every Floridian's right of access to government meetings and records. The Sunshine Laws make disclosure the standard, unless Florida Statute dictates that the public necessity compels an exemption from Florida's strong open government laws. A community member, or district or school employee, wishing to see any information or document in the possession of the school district would begin his or her search in Communication Services.
How to Make a Public Records Request:
Leanne Zinser, Supervisor of Communications & Community Relations
Tel (239) 377-0180 • Fax (239) 377-0181
RESOURCES FOR MEDIA:
All media requests must come through the Office of Communications & Community Engagement. You may reach our office by phone at 239-377-0180 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Guidelines for media partners:
- In order to help us process your interview requests efficiently, please provide us with adequate details about the information you are hoping to ascertain.
- Media need to obtain clearance from our office prior to arriving on any school campus.
- Media must check in at the front office immediately once arriving on campus.
Covering School Board Meetings/Workshops:
- News vehicles are required to park in designated areas.
- Members of the media must remain in the back of the Board Room behind the last row of seats or in the designated Media Room. The area directly in front of the Board Dais as well as walkways on either side of the Board Room must remain clear.
- Members of the media may approach School Board Members for interviews before or after School Board Meetings/Workshops or during a break.
- All requests for interviews of the Superintendent must be coordinated through the Executive Director of Communications and Community Engagement.