2017 Florida State Champions
2018 Florida State Runner Up
Golf at Gulf Coast High is a Fall sport.
Golf season begins August 10, 2021!
2021-22 Golf Tryouts
Begin August 10, 2021
All potential athletes must be cleared through Athletic Clearance prior to participation in golf.
If you do not have medical insurance click on the link below:
Tryouts will start at 2:45 on Tuesday, August 10th (the first day of school) at Quail Creek Country Club. On Wednesday, Quail Creek is closed, so we’ll be at Valencia Country Club, then back to Quail Creek the rest of the week. Tryouts will continue as long as needed to determine the team (because weather will certainly be a factor). The format will consist of playing and drills if needed due to weather. Boys should be prepared to walk and carry or push their bags, as well as have water, snacks and rain gear handy – we will play through rain, but play will be suspended for lightning and/or dangerous conditions. Tryout results will be emailed out every night so individuals can see where they stand. And for those who make the team, tryout stroke averages will be used to determine the individuals competing in our first tournament.
- Practice rounds need to be scheduled on your own and are at the discretion of the host facility. We will play over 6600 yards at tryouts to replicate tournament conditions during our season.
- Please prepare to walk the golf course up to 18 holes consecutive days during tryouts. Bring all equipment necessary to play golf and plan accordingly! Bring water, snacks, sunscreen and rain gear. We will play in rain. Push carts are allowed.
- Please contact the individual courses with questions about dress code.
- Our team size has ranged from 7-9 players over the past nine years. We do not have a JV team.
- Team rules will be passed out at tryouts. Abiding by team rules, as well as attending all practices and tournaments, is required for those who make the team. It’s a quick 2.5 month season and those who make it are expected to be present and work hard. An updated schedule of matches and tournaments will be forthcoming once finalized.
Common Questions about the GCHS boys golf team:
- * We play over 6500 yards during tryouts and throughout the season to replicate tournament conditions.
- * Our team size has ranged from 7-9 players over the past 9 years. We do not have a JV team.
- * Over the past 9 years, all boys who made the team averaged well under 88 for 18 holes.
- * We travel throughout the state to help us prepare for the post-season and we miss a lot of school in order to do so.
- * Team rules will be passed out at tryouts. Abiding by team rules, as well as attending all practices and tournaments is required of those who make the team. The tournament schedule is below, and the 9 hole match schedule against local teams will be forthcoming after the start of school.
* Those individuals who didn’t raise at least $500 for our fundraiser in April will be expected to either fundraise individually (often by selling a banner to hang in the gym or at the football field) or make a donation to Gulf Coast High School for that amount to cover the cost of bags, shirts, golf, travel and food for the season. Unfortunately, our athletic department made very little money last year due to Covid, so the school will be unable to help with expenses this season and our program will have to be self-sufficient.
2021 Season Schedule (subject to change) -
8/23/21 - John Ryan Invitational hosted by Venice HS at Capri Isles in Venice
8/27/21 & 8/28/21 - Bishop Verot Invitational at Stoneybrook in Estero
9/9/21 - St. John Neumann Invitational at Valencia in Naples
9/11/21 - Riverview Invitational at Heritage Oaks in Sarasota
9/18/21 - Lakewood Ranch Invitational at Royal Lakes CC
9/24/21 & 9/25/21 - Braden River Invitational at River Strand CC & Lakewood Ranch CC (Cypress Links)
10/1/21 & 10/2/21 - SFPGA West Coast at Crown Colony in Ft. Myers
TBD - Collier County Athletic Championship (CCAC) at TBD
10/25/21 - 10/27/21 - District at TBD
11/1/21 - 11/3/21 - Regional at TBD
11/15/21 - 11/17/21 - States Class 3A at Mission Inn Resort in Howey-in-the-Hills, FL
The above are external links, which are provided to you for your convenience. When you click on one of these links, you leave the Gulf Coast High School website. These sites are not under the control of Gulf Coast High School or the Collier County School System. Gulf Cost High School is not responsible for the contents of any of these sites.