New Employee Information
Congratulations! Once you have been recommended to Human Resources for a position with Collier County Public Schools, you can expect to receive the following emails:
- Letter of recommendation from hiring manager
- Invitation to access the CCPS Applicant Portal to complete *pre-employment screenings
- Invitation to complete electronic new hire paperwork
- Invitation to complete Form I-9 (see additional information below)
*NOTE: Pre-employment screenings (if applicable) MUST be completed within three (3) business days of receipt of communication from Human Resources so please monitor your email inbox frequently!
Human Resources will also begin to verify references by telephone. If you have any questions regarding the phone reference process, please contact Human Resources at (239) 377-0335.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the Applicant Screening and pre-employment onboarding process. For more detailed information on the screening process, please review the following:
- Administrative Procedure 3121.01 - Criminal Background Screening, Guidelines & Procedures
- Administrative Procedure 3121.02 - Pre-Employment Drug Screening Guidelines and Procedures
Prior to your first day of work, you must also verify eligibility for employment by completing Form I-9. You will receive an email invitation to complete Section I of Form I-9 electronically. In addition, you must present documentation in person to Human Resources PRIOR TO YOUR FIRST DAY OF WORK to verify your eligibility for employment at the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Administrative Center located at 5775 Osceola Trail Naples, FL 34109. Regular business hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30AM to 4:30PM.
Items to bring with you include:
- Original Social Security Number (SSN)
- Collier County Public Schools is authorized to collect or release a new hire's Social Security number (SSN) for a variety of legal and administrative purposes, which include ensuring compliance with Federal and State laws, tax reporting and withholding, verification of employment eligibility, and employee benefits administration. All new employees should be prepared to provide verbal confirmation of their original Social Security number at the time of hire.
- Documentation of eligibility for employment for Form I-9
VERIFICATION OF EXPERIENCE
Instructional/Administrative Employees - If you have had previous teaching experience under contract, please forward the following forms to your former employer(s) to confirm your years of experience. This will ensure placement on the appropriate step of the Collier County Public Schools salary schedule.
Non-Instructional Employees - If you have had previous related experience, please forward the following forms to your former employer(s) to confirm your years of experience. This will ensure placement on the appropriate step of the Collier County Public Schools salary schedule.
If you have any questions about the new hire screening and onboarding process, please contact Human Resources-Staffing at (239) 377-0378 / (239) 377-0342 or via email at staffingCCPS@collierschools.com.
We look forward to meeting you!
~ Human Resources Staff