New Employee Information
Congratulations on your recommendation for a position with the District School Board of Collier County!
- Once you have been given your start date, you must register for New Hire Meeting and your Fingerprinting clearance appointment using the following link: https://apps.collierschools.com/meetings/**APPLICANTS RECOMMENDED FOR HIRE FOR UPCOMING SCHOOL YEAR WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO ATTEND NEW HIRE UNTIL THE FIRST WEEK IN JUNE**
Following your Fingerprinting appointment, you will receive the required paperwork for the pre-employment drug screening process. Pre-employment drug screening takes place at approved LabCorp locations within Naples, Bonita and Ft. Myers. Pre-employment drug screening is required to be completed within 24-business hours of the fingerprinting appointment.
PLEASE NOTE: To ensure the integrity of the drug screening, it is the policy of First Lab that you are to refrain from bringing minors (under the age of 18) with you to the site as this will prohibit the collection.
PLEASE NOTE: You must schedule fingerprinting and drug screening appointments at least 72 business hours prior to your new hire meeting to allow clearances to be returned. Candidates without clearances will not be allowed to attend the New Hire Meeting.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of fingerprinting and drug screening. For detailed information about the screening criteria, please click here. Your fingerprints and drug screen must be cleared before you may report to the New Hire Meeting.The cost is $99.00 and can only be paid by check, money order or payroll deduction.
- Once we have received positive references and after you have successfully completed fingerprinting and drug screening, you will attend your scheduled New Hire Meeting. Each new employee must attend a New Hire Meeting before they can begin employment. New Hire Meetings are held at the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Administrative Center. Click to view directions to the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Administrative Center. Please refer to the list below on items you will need to bring to your New Hire Meeting. **APPLICANTS RECOMMENDED FOR HIRE FOR UPCOMING SCHOOL YEAR WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO ATTEND NEW HIRE UNTIL THE FIRST WEEK IN JUNE**
- Original Social Security Card (For Payroll Purposes).
If you do not have your original Social Security Card or it is not in your married name you may go to the Social Security Office at 3174 Tamiami Trail, East or call 800-772-1213 for the office nearest you, and apply for one prior to the session. Request the two page affidavit of application which can be used until the original arrives. It is important that you bring both pages to the meeting.
- Social Security Numbers of Dependents who will be enrolled in the Health Insurance plan.
Federal reporting requirements mandate that group health insurance plans submit social security numbers of employees’ covered dependents to CMS for coordination of benefits. If you would like to enroll your eligible dependents in the health insurance plan, please bring your dependents’ social security numbers (card not required). Dependents will not be enrolled in the health plan unless this requirement is met.
- Documentation of eligibility for employment for completion of the I-9 form.
Refer to List of Acceptable Documents for more information. Employees may present one selection from List A or a combination of one selection from List B and one selection from List C. Most new employees provide a social security card and driver’s license.
PLEASE NOTE: You will receive an email from Human Resources prior to the New Hire Meeting regarding the I-9 Form. You will be asked to complete a section of the I-9 Form electronically prior to attending the New Hire Meeting.
Collier County Public Schools participates in the E-VERIFY Program.
- Instructional/Administrative Employees - Verification of Teaching Experience. If you have had previous teaching experience under contract, please forward these forms to your former employer(s) to confirm your years of experience. This will ensure placement on the appropriate step of the Collier County Public Schools salary schedule.
- Non-Instructional Employees - Verification of Non-Instructional Experience. If you have had previous related experience, please forward these forms to your former employer(s) to confirm your years of experience. This will ensure placement on the appropriate step of the Collier County Public Schools salary schedule.
- Direct deposit system for payroll purposes.
New employees must bring a blank check for Direct Deposit.
- If you have any questions about scheduling your appointments or new hire meeting, please contact Sylvia Morales at (239) 377-0335 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to meeting you!
~ Human Resources Staff