Interns / Student Teachers
Interns and Student Teachers
Fingerprint screening is required for any college student requiring 100 hours or more in a school for an observation, field experience, or internship during a single semester. All application requirements must be completed prior to fingerprint screening.
Interns/Student Teachers are required to complete fingerprint screening and be cleared based on the District guidelines used for employees prior to serving as an intern/student teacher in the classroom. A minimum of 72 hours following fingerprinting should be allowed for clearances to be returned. You will receive a CCPS Intern Badge after clearance and payment have been confirmed. Approved interns will receive confirmation once the application requirements have been met. The confirmation e-mail will serve as authorization for fingerprinting.
Please follow the steps below for fingerprint screening:
- Please print and bring the confirmation email and a valid government issued identification.
- The fee for fingerprinting is $40.00 and can only be paid by check or money order payable to CCPS.
- The renewal CCPS Intern Badge fee is $10.00.
- Fingerprint screening takes place at the MLK Administrative Center, Office of Human Resources, 5775 Osceola Trail, Naples, FL 34109.
- Click to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Questions? Email or call the Fingerprinting Department at email@example.com or (239) 377-0381.
*As a reminder, all universities requesting a CCPS Intern Badge for their representatives must be an approved vendor through the CCPS legal department. There must be a current approved contract (MOU/Affiliation Agreement) and certificate of insurance (COI) on file. Please contact our legal department at 239-377-0499 with questions and/or see the link below.
Please use the following documents if you are a university representative for steps to obtaining badges for your students: