College Bound Student AthleteTHE INITIAL-ELIGIBILITY STANDARDS FOR NCAA DIVISION I COLLEGE-BOUND STUDENT-ATHLETESThe NCAA Division I Eligibility Standards are changing, to find out more click HERE.For the Naples High School NCAA Registration How to Guide/Presentation, click HERE.NCAA GUIDE FOR THE COLLEGE BOUND STUDENT ATHLETEPlease click HERE for more available information from the NCAA Eligibility Center.NCAA ELIGIBILITY UPDATEIt has been stated by the NCAA that "A high school course (e.g. Algebra 1, Spanish 1) taken in middle school may be used if the course is on the student’s high school transcript with a grade and credit and if the course is on the high school’s List of NCAA Courses."NCAA DIVISION 1 INITIAL ELIGIBILITY STANDARDS CHANGING SIGNIFICANTLYParents and Student-Athletes, please be aware that NCAA Division 1 initial eligibility standards will change significantly for student-athletes in the Class of 2016. (Current 12th grade student-athletes who will enter D1 institutions on or after August 1, 2016)Important to note that:
For detailed information please click HERE.1-MINUTE RECRUTING WEBINARS NOW AVAILABLE FOR COACHES, PARENTS, AND STUDENT ATHLETES TO VIEWCoreCourseGPA.com now makes it easier than ever to educate your student-athletes and families on various aspects of NCAA/NAIA initial-eligibility and recruiting. Just click on the 1-Minute Recruiting Webinars below:
- The minimum qualifying core course GPA will be 2.3
- 16 core courses are required*
- 4 years English;
- 3 years math at Algebra I level or higher;
- 2 years natural or physical science - (1) lab if offered at any HS attended);
- 1 year additional English, math or natural/physical science;
- 2 years social science; and
- 4 years additional from areas above or foreign language, philosophy or comparative religion.
- 10 of the 16 core courses must be complete PRIOR to 12th grade year
FREE RECRUITING WEBINARThe Florida Athletic Coaches Association is proud to provide this free recruiting webinar to educate student-athletes, parents, coaches, counselors and administrators on the recruiting process. The webinar is made available through a partnership between the FACA and the Recruiting Education Foundation Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit program which operates FreeRecruitingWebinar.org.
- NCAA Core Course GPA vs Cumulative GPA
- What are the NCAA D1 Initial-Eligibility Requirements?
- What are the NCAA D2 Initial-Eligibility Requirements?
- The Full Ride Scholarship Myth
- Scholarship Facts
- When Should I Start to Prepare for NCAA Initial-Eligibility
- Shouldn't my Counselor Track my NCAA Eligibility Status?
- What is the NCAA Eligibility Center?
- The National Letter of Intent
- Golden Rule of Social Media
- 3 Rules of Being a Parent of a Student-Athlete
- Are Recruiting Services Necessary?
- CoreCourseGPA.com Text Messaging
- Does the NCAA Accept Online Classes?
- Impact of COVID-19 on Classes 2021-23
- What is the NAIA Eligibility Center?
The webinar is about one hour in length and addresses many important recruiting topics including: Scholarship Myths and Facts, the NCAA and NAIA Eligibility Centers, NCAA Core Course Requirements, National Letter of Intent, Finding the Right School, and much more.