Renewing Your Florida Professional Certificate
Current CCPS Employees (including Charter Schools and Contracted Sites) with a teaching certificate that expires on June 30, 2021.To renew your current Florida teaching certificate you will complete the Florida Department of Education online application using the new Online Licensing Service site. Paper applications are no longer accepted.
- Go to Florida Department of Education Online Licensing Service.
- If you have previously created an online account with the DOE, sign-in using your User ID and password.
- If you have not created an account in the Online Licensing Service, click Begin Here for Sign-up to create a new online user account and retrieve your temporary password sent via email.
- Enter your User ID and password then click Sign In to access this secure site.
- Once successfully signed in, educators will be prompted to complete an Initial Onboarding process to match your account to existing Florida certification records. Your social security number and date of birth are required to complete the onboarding process.
- The Quick Start Menu provides you a choice of options available based on your current Florida certification record.
- Choose the application option 5 Year Renewable Professional - Renewal Application. Click on Select.
- Complete the application by entering your information as requested in each of the application sections.
- Verify and attest via Affidavit that the information you enter is true, accurate, and complete.
- After submitting your online application, send a check, money order (made payable to CCPS) or a *payroll deduction form for $75.00 to the Certification Department. *Payroll Deduction form may only be used by full-time CCPS staff.
For step by step instructions on completing the FL DOE application - Click here
Additional In-Service Renewal Requirements: In-Service Renewal RequirementsFor additional information on renewing your certificate contact the Certification Department or visit the Florida Department of Education: DOE Renewal RequirementsNEW renewal requirement applies to a Florida Professional Certificate with an expiration date of June 30, 2025, or later. (If your certificate has an expiration date of June 30, 2021 through June 30, 2024 this requirement will not affect your upcoming renewal requirements.)If your certificate has a beginning date of July 1, 2020 or later AND you have one of the following areas listed on your teaching certificate:
- Elementary Ed K-6
- Elementary Ed (1-6)
- Prekindergarten/Primary Ed (PK-3)
- Primary Ed (K-3)
- English (6-12)
- Middle Grades English (5-9)
- Middle Grades Integrated Curriculum (5-9)
- Reading K-12
- Reading Endorsement
- ESOL K-12
You will be required to meet the new renewal requirement (below) by March 15th of the year your certificate expires:
- 120 in-service hours to include 20 in-service hours in teaching students with disabilities (SWD) and 40 in-service hours in developmental literacy (DL)
40 in-service points in development literacy (DL)
+ 20 in-service points in teaching students with disabilities (SWD)
+ 60 in-service points (miscellaneous)
120 total in-service points