Renewing Your Florida Professional Certificate
Current CCPS Employees (including Charter Schools and Contracted Sites) with a teaching certificate that expires on June 30, 2022.To renew your current Florida teaching certificate you must complete the Florida Department of Education online application. Paper applications are no longer accepted.
- Go to Florida Department of Education Online Licensing Service.
- Sign-in using your User ID and password. If you have forgotten either of these, click on the Forgot password or Fogot user ID links. Do NOT create a new account.
- The Quick Start Menu provides you a choice of options available based on your current Florida certification record.
- Choose the application option 5 Year Renewable Professional - Renewal Application. Click on Select.
- Complete the application by entering your information as requested in each of the application sections.
- Verify and attest via Affidavit that the information you enter is true, accurate, and complete.
- After submitting your online application, send a check, money order (made payable to CCPS) or a *payroll deduction form for $75.00 to the Certification Department. *Payroll Deduction form may only be used by full-time CCPS staff.
For step by step instructions on completing the FL DOE application - Click here
ALL certificates expiring June 30, 2022 through June 30, 2024 - To renew your certificate, you need 120 in-service points (20 of these points must be in teaching students with disabilities - SWD). To view your current in-service records CLICK HERENEW RENEWAL REQUIREMENT applies to a Florida Professional Certificate with an expiration date of June 30, 2025, or later. (If your certificate has an expiration date of June 30, 2021 through June 30, 2024 this requirement will not affect your upcoming renewal requirements.)If your certificate has a beginning date of July 1, 2020 or later AND you have one of the following areas listed on your teaching certificate:
- Elementary Ed K-6
- Elementary Ed (1-6)
- Prekindergarten/Primary Ed (PK-3)
- Primary Ed (K-3)
- English (6-12)
- Middle Grades English (5-9)
- Middle Grades Integrated Curriculum (5-9)
- Reading K-12
- Reading Endorsement
- ESOL K-12
You will be required to meet the new renewal requirement (below) by March 15th of the year your certificate expires:
- 120 in-service hours to include 20 in-service hours in teaching students with disabilities (SWD) and 40 in-service hours in developmental literacy (DL)
40 in-service points in development literacy (DL)
+ 20 in-service points in teaching students with disabilities (SWD)
+ 60 in-service points (miscellaneous)
120 total in-service points