New Hire Benefits Enrollment
Welcome to Collier County Public Schools! All newly hired benefit eligible employees are encouraged to spend some time reviewing the benefits information available online prior to completing new hire benefits enrollment.
Benefits Effective Date
Employee Coverage: All benefit eligible employees will AUTOMATICALLY be enrolled in the District-Paid Medical (employee only) and Basic Life coverage effective the first contract date. All other voluntary benefits are effective the first of the month following the first contract date. Voluntary worksite benefits (Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital and Universal Life) effective date is determined at the time of enrollment.
Dependent Coverage: Dependent coverage for all voluntary benefits is effective on the first of the month following the employee’s first contract date. Voluntary worksite benefits (Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital and Universal Life) effective date is determined at the time of enrollment.
If enrollment is not completed within 30 days from the first contract date, benefit changes will not be permitted until the next Annual Open Enrollment period, unless the employee experiences a qualifying life event.
How to Enroll
All newly hired benefit-eligible employees must be cleared for employment by Human Resources prior to enrolling in benefits. The Benefits and Wellness Office will notify new hires by email when they are cleared to schedule a benefits enrollment appointment. Please follow the steps below to complete your benefits enrollment.
Prior to enrolling, review the list of links on the left-hand side of this webpage to learn about the benefits offered through CCPS. The Employee Benefits Guide and Checklist and Rate Sheet are also great sources of information.
Steps to Enroll
1. Call US Enrollment Services at (800) 282-0732, option 0 to schedule an appointment. Your enrollment appointment must be AFTER your first day of employment.
- Appointments are available every Wednesday from 10AM – 6PM
NOTE: New hires starting in the Fall can complete both their new hire and Open Enrollment benefits during the annual Benefits Open Enrollment which typically occurs in October. Follow step 1 above to schedule an appointment and tell the person you will be completing new hire and Open Enrollment.
2. Before your appointment:
- Visit www.collierschools.com/benefits to review the benefits offered to you and your dependents
- Gather social security numbers and dates of birth for dependents and beneficiaries you will be adding
3. On the day of your appointment, call US Enrollment Services at (877) 220-0044 to complete your enrollment
4. After enrollment, review your benefit elections by logging into the CCPS Portal at origin1.collierschools.com. Select Staff, then My Benefits.
Dependent Documentation: If adding dependent(s) to the medical coverage, certain documentation must be submitted to the Benefits & Wellness Office within 30 days of the coverage effective date to confirm dependent eligibility. Click HERE for the list of dependent documentation requirements.
Questions? Contact the Benefits & Wellness Office at 239-377-0340 or one of the following Benefits staff members:
Elementary Schools, Transportation & Maintenance Employees
Teresa Cowley – Benefits Specialist
239-377-0352 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Secondary Schools & Administrative Center Employees
Liz Rueda - Benefits Specialst
239-377-0370 or email@example.comFlorida Retirement System (FRS)Approximately 60 days from your start date, employees new to FRS will receive an information packet on choosing a retirement plan. The employee will have eight months from their first contract date to select a retirement plan (Pension or Investment) or they will default to the Investment Plan. New employees are encouraged to contact the Financial Guidance Line at 866-446-9377 for questions and assistance in selecting a retirement plan.Below are additional resources to assist new employees with making a plan election:
Required Notices & Other Resources:
- FRS Website
- Comparing the Plans: Investment vs. Pension
- Orientation Brochure
- Welcome Letter
- New Hire Road Map
- Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Health Exchange Marketplace Coverage Options
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Pathways to Enhanced Health
- Tax Sheltered Annuities
- Part-Time Employee Benefits & Wellness Guide
- Part-Time Hourly Employee Benefits & Wellness Guide