Cambridge Secondary 1
for Middle School Students Who Are Gifted or High-AchievingEntry RequirementsNo application will be necessary for the 2019-2020 school year. Students who meet the requirements listed below will be scheduled into Cambridge Secondary. Of course, parents may opt their child out of the Cambridge Secondary program.Candidate Requirements:
- Eligibility for gifted services*, and/or
- Level of 4 or 5 on the statewide assessment for both English Language Arts and Mathematics, and
- GPA of at least 3.5 (current 6th and 7th graders)
- Cambridge Primary participation is not necessary for entry into Cambridge Secondary. However, students who demonstrated strong academic performance and achievement scores of level 3 or higher for both English Language Arts and Mathematics will qualify for advanced sections.
*Students who score less than a level 3 on statewide assessments for English Language Arts or Mathematics will require intensive remediation, making Cambridge Secondary or advanced sections unlikley.Other candidate characteristics:
If your child currently is not scheduled to participate in Cambridge Secondary 1 and does meet the requirements listed above, you may contact your child's school for more information.Out-of-District Applications: Again, for students in-district, no application is necessary. However, for students without state assessment scores or with unique transcripts, please see the application documents below. Please submit this out-of-district application to your middle school principal.
- academic excellence
- commitment to the program
- involvement in outside activities