School Advisory Council (SAC) Page
Florida Statutory Requirements (1001.452) and CCPS School Board Policy (2125) for SACs:
- SAC Membership must be within 10% of the demographic make-up of the school.
- The number of non-District employees must be at least 51% of the total SAC membership.
- The deadline for elections is October 15th (per School Board Policy 2125).
- SAC Membership should be entered into Data Warehouse by October 21, 2016.
- Notification of nominations for SAC members must be posted in the school office and sent to parents in all applicable languages a minimum of two times, two weeks prior to election
- Members must be elected by peer group and written ballots must be used.
- Schools must maintain minutes of all SAC meetings. Minutes must be available in the school office.
- SAC meetings during which a vote is taken must be advertised a minimum of 5 days prior to the meeting. Per statute, a quorum is a majority of members present.
- High schools must have student representation on the SAC. Middle schools may have student representation if they choose to do so.
- SAC By-Laws/Operations Manual must be reviewed annually and revised as appropriate.
- A vote by quorum is required for approval of School Improvement Plan, SIP budget, and expenditure of A+ money. A quorum shall be 51% of the total SAC membership
- Votes may be taken only if a quorum is present
- There shall be no voting by proxy. There shall be no secret ballots. All voting shall take place at an open meeting (not by phone, email, or any other nonpublic way) in compliance with the Sunshine Law.
- Additional decisions may be determined through consensus and should be reflected in minutes of the meeting
- SAC meetings are open to the public.
District Expectations for FY17:
- The 2016-2017 SIP must be approved by your SAC no later than October 19, 2016.
- Minutes must specifically reflect compliance with all statutory and policy requirements:
- Membership, including nomination and election information
- Locational, Title I and School Improvement funds budget approval (as applicable)
- A+ Recognition Funds (as applicable)
- SIP discussion and SIP approval
- Quarterly update on SIP strategies including sharing and discussing of baseline and quarterly data.
- Conduct a minimum of 8 meetings per year
- SAC By-Laws/Operations Manual must available to public in the front office and upon request