CCPS IS CLOSED TUESDAY (9/27), WEDNESDAY (9/28) & THURSDAY (9/29)
ACTIVITES UPDATE (as of September 27, 2022 at 11:30am)
- As a result of Hurricane Ian-related school closures this week, athletes will not be participating in scheduled practices and competitions. Specifically, football games will NOT be played Friday and will be shifted to allow for adequate practice time prior to competition. High school volleyball may be played on Friday, if school is in session that day. We anticipate later this week announcing the new schedules for football games. Please stay safe, informed, and monitor our various communication channels for updates.
UPDATE (as of September 27, 2022 at 11:30am)
- Collier County Public Schools (CCPS) continues to monitor Hurricane Ian very closely as it approaches the Florida peninsula. The current forecast projects storm effects to continue into Thursday morning with rain and storm surge potentially resulting in significant flooding and winds that would exceed safe levels for buses to be on the road (sustained winds of 35mph or more). According to the National Hurricane Center, shifts in the forecasted storm track could still occur as the storm nears our coast.
- Therefore, out of an abundance of caution for student and staff safety, Collier County Public Schools will continue to be CLOSED tomorrow (September 28) and THURSDAY (September 29)
- All CCPS sites will be closed
- All after-school programs held at CCPS sites will be closed
- All extracurricular activities, including athletic practices and competitions, will be canceled
- All Adult and Community Education classes will be canceled
- All District leases will be suspended
- A decision about school/District operations on Friday will be announced no later that 4pm on Thursday (Septemer 29).
KEEP LEARNING ALIVE
- CCPS is committed to "Keep Learning Alive" during periods of school closures.
- Click here to access learning resources (available beginning at 8am on Tuesday, September 27)
- Additionally, students may work on assignments that may be pending in their scheduled courses. Please share any questions with firstname.lastname@example.org.
HURRICANE MAKE-UP DAYS
- Due to the amount of instructional time in the first semester, there will be no impact to the scheduled Hurricane Make-Up Days (November 21 and 22). At this time, CCPS will not need to make up the Tuesday and Wednesday days off. Fall Break remains November 21 - November 25.
Additional Resources can also be found by visiting CCPS Hurricane page at https://www.collierschools.com/hurricane