Florida Positive Behavioral Interventions & Support
We have been recognized by the FLPBIS Project as a 2020-2021 Resilience Award PBIS Model School ! Positive Behavior Interventions and Support (PBIS) is a school-wide framework that, according to national research, enhances student quality of life and reduces problem behaviors. By establishing this framework, we are developing skills, making changes to the school environment, acknowledging appropriate behavior, and using data to identify supports for our students. As a PBIS Model School, we demonstrate a commitment to positive and equitable outcomes for all students!
TITAN WAY DRAWING
Students who met level one criterion of no referrals and/or infractions and no tardies and/or absences had 10 tickets automatically entered into the drawing. Level 2 students were those who had no referrals and absences and no more than one tardy and/or infraction. They received 5 tickets. Our students who had no more than one referral and/or infraction and no more than two tardies and/or absences were entered one time into the drawing.
Five students from each grade level were drawn.
Three students get to choose a Tier 3 prize, one student gets to choose a Tier 2 prize, and one person from each grade level gets to choose a Tier 1 prize.
TITAN OF THE MONTH
Students are nominated and voted on by their teachers.
Students nominated based on following criteria:
- Student practices the TITAN WAY by RESPECTING themselves, classmates, adults, and our building.
- Student is motivated to learn in all classes but understand this recognition should not be based solely on academics.
- Student is present and on time in his/her classes.
- Student who has learned from a past mistake and does not have a substantial or repeated number of disciplinary infractions.
- Student who is an active participant in school activities.
- Student is an outstanding role model.