Here are the Eagle News Network's school news announcements in text version for:
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 24:
- Students, the Media Center is open to check out books. Before you visit us, please check your Destiny account to see if you have any fines or overdue books that need to be returned, and to search for a book BEFORE you come to the media center. Check your Canvas in-box for a video tutorial that shows you how to do this and highlights our new operating procedures.
- The Naples Varsity Volleyball team defeated Marco Island Academy last night three sets to zero. Next match is this afternoon against Estero High School at NHS. Go Golden Eagles!
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23:
- Naples swimmers and divers sweep another tri meet! NHS defeated Lely and The Village School for their last home meet of the season.
- Congratulations to these event winners: Lily P. 50 and 500 Freestyle, Havana L. 200 Free and 100 Free, Camille S. 200 IM and 100 Backstroke, Tarrah N. 100 Butterfly, Sabyne B. 100 Breaststroke, and Farrell C. won the diving competition!
- NHS girls won all the relays too! The 200 Medley Relay team of Elizabeth C., Lily P., Sabyne B., and Victoria L. came in first place. Also coming in first was the 200 Freestyle Relay team of Havana L., Sabyne B., Makayla H., and Camille S. While Havana L., Elizabeth C., Tarrah N., and Camille S. teamed up to finish the meet with a win in the 400 Freestyle Relay.
- For the boys congratulations to event winners Lucas E. in the 50 Free and 100 Backstroke, Erik E. in the 100 Butterfly, and Danny C. in the 500 Freestyle.
- The team of Lucas E., Erik E., Danny C., and Blake C. also won the final event of the meet, the 400 Freestyle Relay. Great swims by the Golden Eagles!
- There will be a Boys Soccer meeting in the auditorium TODAY after school at 2:20 PM for anyone interested in playing at Naples High School.
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22:
- Envirothon, an academic competition club, will meet virtually TONIGHT at 7 PM. If you are interested in learning about forestry, soils, wildlife, and aquatic ecology and using that knowledge to compete against other schools; stop by room 3-101 before or after school to see Mrs. Lawson.
- Attention National Honor Society Members, please remember to contact Mrs. Holderfield if you are able to tutor students in math. An email was sent out through Canvas last week. You can earn community service hours by helping to virtually tutor other students. Please email Mrs. Holderfield by the end of the day TODAY if you are interested.
- Both Naples JV and Varsity Volleyball teams defeated Lely for a district win last night. For the Varsity squad, Alex Renda, Molly Richards, and Amanda Boll combined for 29 kills. Next match is Wednesday at Marco Island Academy.
- There will be a Boys' Soccer meeting in the auditorium Wednesday after school at 2:20 PM for anyone interested in playing at Naples High School.
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21:
- Envirothon, an academic competition club, will meet virtually Tuesday evening at 7 PM. If you are interested in learning about forestry, soils, wildlife, and aquatic ecology and using that knowledge to compete against other schools; stop by room 3-101 before or after school to see Mrs. Lawson.
- Naples High Girls Golf hosted Lely at The Country Club of Naples on Thursday. Naples won 174-295. Naples top scores were: Ashley Z. shot a 1 over par, she had an impressive eagle to bring her score to a 37. Eliza K. had a great round, shooting a 40. Greta O. had a birdie in her round and came in with an awesome score of 48. Victoria V. played very well, bringing in a great score of 49! Well done girls!