Here are the Eagle News Network's school news announcements in text version for:
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 26:
- Don't forget to buy your tickets for tonight's performance of A Night with Shakespeare, in front of the auditorium during lunches: adult tickets $5 and student tickets $3. The show starts at 7 PM. See Ms. Quintero in 11-212 with any questions.
- Great job to Naples High Mu Alpha Theta Math Club for participating in the competition last Saturday! Our Geometry team beat out Palmetto Ridge and Our Algebra 2 team beat out Palmetto Ridge and Gulf Coast!
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 25:
- Due to the early release for students, After School Credit Recovery will not meet today.
- Naples Golden Eagles Ssoftball team's late inning rally falls short in a 2-3 loss to the Charlotte Tarpons. Haelee Angelico led the team with three hits and two RBIs. She also pitched six innings giving up three unearned runs with 12 more strikeouts. Next up another road game against Palmetto Ridge on tomorrow at 7 PM.
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 24:
- There will be a We Dine Together Club meeting today after school in room 2-104.
- NHS Best Buddies are having the BEST TIME this year! Come on over on TODAY! We are doing our Ice Breaker Game. It only takes a few minutes of your Wednesday lunch time to let someone know that they are One Cool Best Buddy! Hope to see you in Room 2-104 TODAY! Let's Break the Ice! Bring a Friend!
- The Naples High School Thespians are ready to take the stage again! The Theater Department will be performing Friday, February 26 at 7 PM. We invite you to spend an evening filled with action, drama, and romance through a vignette of performances in A Night with Shakespeare. Come watch this minimalistic production composed of a variety of pieces from William Shakespeare’s plays. Due to COVID 19 policies, tickets will not be sold at the door and must be purchased before the night of the performance. A limited number of in-person tickets will be sold during all three lunch periods February 23-February 26, in front of the auditorium, adult tickets for $5 and student tickets for $3. See Ms. Quintero in 11-212 with any questions.
- Speaking of Shakespeare…Congratulations to Kararose Hardman for placing second in the English Speaking Union Southwest Florida Chapter’s Annual Shakespeare Competition.
- The Golden Eagles Baseball team won their 6th straight by beating Immokalee 8 to 1 last night. Senior Dayron Del Sol took the win on the mound throwing six strong innings and only allowing one hit while striking out 12. Senior First baseman Carson Fellows provided the offense clubbing a solo home run and doubling in another two runs for a three RBI night. Oliver Lee and Jackson Arnold also collected two hits each. The team will try to extend their winning streak on Friday night as they travel to Palmetto Ridge.
- The Naples Golden Eagles Softball team defeated the Immokolee Indians by a score of 6-0. The team was able to pound out 13 hits. With four players having multiple hits including three hits by Gabby Rascher and a in the park home run by Melissa Morales. Haelee Angelico was once again masterful on the mound only allowing one hit while striking out 18 batters. The team is back on the road TONIGHT to face the Charlotte Tarpons.
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22:
- Students who are taking an FSA or EOC this week must bring their fully charged CCPS-issued laptop, earbuds for ELA testing, and a calculator for Day 2 of Algebra.
- After School Credit recovery will begin tomorrow afternoon at 2:15 PM. Registered students should check their Canvas inbox for room assignments.
- NHS Best Buddies are having the BEST TIME this year! Come on over on Wednesday! We are doing our Ice Breaker Game. It only takes a few minutes of your Wednesday lunch time to let someone know that they are One Cool Best Buddy! Hope to see you in Room 2-104 this Wednesday! Let's Break the Ice! Bring a Friend!
- Congratulations to the Naples High School Indoor Percussion and Indoor Winds performance ensembles. Both groups which are part of the Naples High Band Program won their respective divisions this weekend on the Florida Federation of ColorGuards Circuit. FFCC is a state wide competitive pageantry arts circuit with over 500 member organizations.
- The Indoor Percussion Program performed their 2021 program “The Groove Club'' and took 1st place Class Scholastic AA.
- The Indoor Winds Program performed their 2021 program “Wait!”, a show inspired by music from the Tony Award winning musical “Hamilton” and took 1st place in Class Scholastic A.
- With these wins both groups qualified for State Championships in Daytona Beach on March 27th, 2021. Both Indoor Percussion and Indoor Winds will perform again this weekend, February 27th and the weekend of March 13th.
- The Girl’s Varsity Tennis Team took on Palmetto Ridge last Thursday evening and prevailed by a score of 6-1. Sweeping all five singles courts were: Rori Nichols, Ella Perry, Grace Avalone, Haylee Gingras, and Marissa Akins. Taking the #2 doubles courts were the team of Greta Olson and Cassidy Tsang. This raised the ladies record to 2-0 on the season and they will be on the road to take on Gulf Coast tomorrow evening.
- Naples wrestled Saturday in a tough District. Six wrestlers qualified to the regional tournament:
- 106 - Arturo Zuniga finished 2nd
- 120 - Declan Finucan finished 4th
- 132 - Cole Henry finished 3rd
- 145 - Kenzo Mello-Granieri finished 4th
- 152 - Johan Fuentes finished 2nd
- 170 - Riley Dorestal finished 3rd
- The Golden Eagle Baseball team opened up the season with a home win vs Lely last Thursday night 3 to 1. Carson Fellows doubled in a run and freshman Jason Bello added three hits and two RBIs. Reilly Witmer took the win on the mound going four innings. Dayron Del Sol got the save throwing three scoreless innings.
- The Golden Eagle Baseball team went to North Fort Myers on Friday night and scored three runs in the 7th inning for a comeback win 3 to 1 over the Red Knights. Sophomore Oliver Lee got the game tying hit in the 7th and Dayron Del Sol came up big with the go ahead two RBI pinch hit to sending the Golden Eagles to their 4th straight victory. Freshmen Jason Bello and Johnny King gave strong performances on the mound for the Golden Eagles. The team plays at home tonight vs the Estero Wildcats at 7 PM.