Welcome to the Palmetto Ridge High School Media Center!
Do you have a book recommendation? Complete the Book Review and we will post your recommendations in the Media Center and on our website. Please note: all reviews must be school appropriate to be posted.
Mission and Goals of the School Library Media Program
The mission of the library media program is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. This mission is accomplished:
- by providing intellectual and physical access to materials in all formats.
- by providing instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas.
- by working with other educators to design learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students.
Media Center Usage Rules:
- Students entering the Media Center during class time must a have pass, unless they are accompanied by their classroom teacher.
- Students must have their ID when visiting the Media Center.
- Students must check in on the kiosk at the circulation desk upon arrival.
- Students are not allowed to have food or drinks in the Media Center (library or lab).
- Come prepared with work to do, something to research, or look for books to check out.
- Students are expected to work quietly. A student will be sent back to class if they are simply “hanging out” and not working or checking out a book.
- Respect each other and avoid distracting or disrupting other Media Center users or staff. Enter and exit the Media Center quietly.
- Students should not enter library office or go behind the circulation desk without permission.
- Students are to straighten up the area where they are working prior to leaving the library.
- Students must check out on the kiosk at the circulation desk upon leaving.
- Students who consistently demonstrate disregard for the Media Center may have their privileges revoked for a period of time.
- Students may exchange books by visiting the Media Center before school, during lunch, after school, and throughout the day during the week with a pass.
- Students may check out four books for two-week loan periods. The due date will be in the back of the book.
- Students with four items checked out will not be allowed to check out anything else until other materials are returned.
- Students may not check out for other students.
- Fines and Overdue Books
- Students who owe a fine will only be allowed one book at a time until all fines are paid.
- Students who owe for a book or a fine at their previous school will not be allowed to check out books until these obligations are taken care of.
- Lost or Damaged Books
- Any book 100 days overdue will automatically be marked lost. Lost books must be paid for by the student at replacement costs, unless the book is returned.
- Students will not be allowed to check out more materials when they have lost materials.
- If a book is damaged beyond repair, the student will be charged the full replacement cost of the book.
Use these helpful links for additional information: