3706 Estey Ave., Naples, FL 34104
Phone: (239) 377-1100
Mission: Opened in August 1997 to provide educational services for students who would otherwise be recommended for expulsion from the Collier County Public Schools to maintain their academics during the term of removal and earn the right to return to the regular school program.
Location: Behind Lorenzo Walker Technical High School, 3706 Estey Avenue, Naples, FL 34104
Students: Students are recommended for Phoenix as an alternative to expulsion by the Principal to the Director of Student Services, and then approved by the Superintendent/designee. Admission may occur at any time; exit occurs at the conclusion of what would have been the student's term of expulsion.
Phoenix Historical Data:
- 85.7% of students served at Phoenix Naples within the past three years, and whose whereabouts are known, are still in school or have graduated.
- 11 students completed all coursework needed to graduate during their time at Phoenix this past year.
- The Phoenix alternative to expulsion program opened to two locations in 1997, serving 51 students at both sites.
- In two years, that number doubled. By SY2003, the number of students served in the Phoenix programs doubled again.
- The Phoenix programs served 333 students during SY2018 as a result of new legislation increasing the requirements for referral to an " alternative to explusion" program; this was a 46% increase over the number of students served the previous year.
- The total of 425 students for SY2019 for both sites was a 28% increase over the number of students served during SY2018.
- Although referrals for an "alternative to expulsion" program ended March 2020 due to COVID-19, the number served by Phoenix during the SY2020 school year was 417.