The students of East Naples Middle will have the opportunity to participate in several different seasons of intramural play and to possibly take part in interscholastic competitions around the district.
The seasons will be as follows:
Fall Sports: August to November
- Boys and Girls Cross Country
- Boys and Girls Volleyball
Winter Sports: November to February
- Boys and Girls Soccer
- Boys and Girls Basketball
Spring Sports: February to April
- Boys and Girls Track and Field
We would like to share some important details with you:
- Buses will be provided for those students who need assistance with transportation. Bus Routing is only done weekly.
- It will be the responsibility of the parents to obtain a physical exam for the student and to provide the clearance certificate through Home Campus if chosen for ENMS Teams.
- Season Lengths—each season is approximately nine weeks long, Two weeks for intramural play. Two weeks for chosen teams to practice and five to six weeks for interscholastic competitions.
- Intramural Play—every student who desires to play the sport offered is ENCOURAGED to join a team during the intramural season. This means that we will create as many teams as necessary to allow for each student to get the opportunity to play.
- Interscholastic Competitions—following the intramural portion of the program, a final team will be selected to represent East Naples Middle during competitions against other local middle schools at designated locations. Since there is only one final team allowed, it could possibly consist of 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students. However, whereas ALL students are encouraged to participate in the earlier intramural play, no student is guaranteed a position on the final team or play time. Additionally, to be involved in this segment of the sports program, students must have participated in the intramural program, provide proof of health insurance, and provide a completed release of liability and a physical exam form and Birth Certificate through Home Campus.
We look forward to seeing your students in the East Naples Middle Athletic Program. Please keep in mind that after school programs are a privilege. The purpose of this program is to gain sports experience and to build character.
For more information, please contact Ms. Roxberry at Roxberme@collierschools.com or 377-3685. Have fun, and GO GATORS!