GCHS Student Parking Information
- Things that will be taken into consideration include, but are not limited to:
- Whether the student is enrolled in any off-campus courses or OJT and not on campus all 7 periods.
- Students must hold and maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Previous discipline history will be taken into consideration.
- Previous attendance history will be taken into consideration.
- Students must hold a valid driver’s license at the start of the school year. Spots will not be held for students that only have their learner’s permit.
- Proof of current car registration and insurance must be provided before receiving a parking permit.
- Seniors will receive top priority.
- Once our interested seniors have been assigned a parking spot, we will move on to juniors.
- Any junior or senior that does not receive a parking spot will remain on a waiting list. As spots become available throughout the year, we will notify students.
- Currently, I do not foresee any parking spots being available for rising sophomores.
- In July, we will notify students and parents about whether they have received a parking spot for the upcoming school year. There will be designated times that students can come to campus with the required documentation to receive their permit.
We know that this situation is not ideal. I can assure you that we are doing everything we can to provide students and staff with the safest environment possible. This includes maintaining an orderly parking lot. Should you have any questions or concerns, you can email Caroline Hylemon, Assistant Principal of Attendance and Discipline at firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your patience and understanding. Shark Pride!
Assistant Principal of Attendance and Discipline