Shark Logo

Non-Traditional Student-Athlete Information

  • Registration Form for Home Education Student (EL7)

    Registration Form for Non-Member Private School Students (EL12)

    Non-traditional students must register intent to participate at a school before participation in the sport in which they wish to participate. A student, who registered intent with a school during the previous school year and wishes to participate in the SAME sport(s) and has not changed affiliation in any other sport with a different school, does not need to re-register intent. To register intent, one or more of the following forms may be used (the exact forms depend on the type of non-traditional student):

    EL2 Form (must be completed each year) - Sports physical

    EL3 Form (must be completed each year) - Consent & Releae from Liability Certificate (completed through Athletic Clearance)

    EL7 Form - Home Education Students only

    EL12 Form - Non-member private schools only

    GA4 Form - Transfer Form

    A student cannot have intent registered at more than one school at the same time, i.e. same sport season. If a student chooses to register intent at another school during the same school year, the transfer rules in Bylaw 9.3.2 and state statute § 1006.15(9), F.S. will apply.

    There is no longer a specific deadline date to register intent. Intent must be registered before any participation in the desired sport. However, to take full advantage the athletic experience, a student should register intent before the first day of allowable practice for the desired sport. Also note, as per Bylaw, local school or school district rules may be more stringent.

    Contact the GCH Activities Office for more information!