The Farmworker Career Development Program assists eligible migrants and seasonal farm workers and their families with educational costs. The program offers free, counseling, tutoring, free health services and job training, financial aid, technical training and help finding work.
Training Opportunities with Career Source of Southwest Florida
»»» If you are a Charlotte, Collier, Glades, Hendry or Lee county resident, let one of our representatives contact you about financial assistance for your education and training needs by simply clicking HERE and filling out the short form. «««
Graduate with Career Ready Skills
Completion Length: Education programs may last from several weeks to 2 years.
Certificate of Completion: A certificate is awarded to students who successfully complete the program’s competencies and satisfy basic skill requirements in accordance with state guidelines.
This program prepares students for employment based on their own basic skills and assessment results.
The Farmworker Program supports participants in achieving their career goals with the following;
- Determining what the participants pre-training ability is using various tests like TABE, Interest and Work Values test, and face to face interview.
- Assisting the participant with locating a career with a good income.
- Assisting the participant with guidance for mastering the training program.
- Financial Aid to purchase items needed for either the training program or employment.
- Upon completion of the training program assisting the participant with applying for employment using EmployFlorida.com or other employment services.
Our goal is help you find a career, not just a job.
The average salary of all placed participants exceeds $10/hr. This includes a range from minimum wage entry level to $15.00/hr, depending on skills attained and career choice.
* The Farmworkers Career Development Program is funded by a grant from the Florida Department Education, Adult Migrant Program, WIOA, Sec. 167.
* No person in this district, shall, on the basis of race, national origin, sex, disability, marital status, religion, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity, or in employment conditions or practices conducted by The District School Board of Collier County.