Message from Principal Darren Burkett
" You will learn here, you will grow here, you will amaze yourself here!” As the first high school in Collier County, Naples High is rich in tradition and the alma mater of many community members who still support the school in a variety of ways. We are most grateful for their involvement! As the principal of NHS, I am proud to work with National Board Certified and veteran teachers, exemplary coaches, and professional support personnel who all work together to benefit our students. Our strong academic program is designed to meet the needs of a diverse academic population, our successful athletic program challenges and motivates our student athletes, and our many extracurricular offerings are available to all students willing to become more involved in their school. Students who attend NHS have the opportunity for a most positive high school experience. As you visit not only our website but also our physical campus, remember this: There are only two kinds of people in the world, Golden Eagles, and those who want to be Golden Eagles!"
GOLDEN EAGLE STUDENT ATHLETES SIGN NATIONAL LETTERS OF INTENT
On Friday, May 7, 2021 eight student-athletes made the commitment to take their athletic careers to the next level. That brings the total at Naples High School this school year to sixteen.
NHS THEATER DEPARTMENT'S SPRING MUSICAL
Everybody say aargh! The theater department will be performing Treasure Island: A Musical Panto written by Kathryn Petersen with music and lyrics by Michael Ogborn on May 13 & 14 @ 7 PM and May 15 @ 2 PM. "X" marks the spot in this raucous new musical panto based on the classic by Robert Louis Stevenson.
We invite you to spend an evening filled with adventure, fun, music, and pirates. Due to COVID 19 policies, tickets will not be sold at the door and must be purchased before the night of the performance. A limited number of in-person tickets will be sold during all three lunch periods starting May 11-14: adult tickets for $10 and student tickets for $5. If you are unable to purchase your ticket in person, please reserve your ticket with Ms. Quintero before May 14 via email at email@example.com or phone 239-377-7458. All patrons must have a ticket to view the performance. Masks must be worn.
Break a leg everyone and see you on the stage!
NHS LITTLE EAGLES PRESCHOOL NOW TAKING APPLICATIONS
The Little Eagle Preschool is currently taking applications for the 2021-2022 school year students. Children must turn four prior to December 3 and be potty trained. If you or someone you know are interested in having a child attend, please contact Kathy Swingley at 377-2360.
FHSAA ACADEMIC SPRING TEAM RANKINGS
The FHSAA Academic Team Champion recognition program honors teamwork not only in competition, but in the classroom as well.
The program recognizes teams in each of the Association’s sanctioned and recognized sports, naming an Academic Team Champion in each classification based on team average unweighted GPA.
Here are our 2021 spring sports results:
Baseball 21st out of 89 schools in Class 5A Boys’ Lacrosse 38th out of 95 schools in Class 1A Girls’ Lacrosse 28th out of 88 schools in Class 1A Softball 17th out of 82 schools in Class 5A Boys’ Tennis 13th out of 118 schools in Class 3A Girls’ Tennis 23rd out of 120 schools in Class 3A Boys’ Track & Field 22nd out of 147 schools in Class 3A Girls’ Track & Field 20th out of 145 schools in Class 3A
NHS STUDENT OF DISTINCTION AWARD INFORMATION
Naples High School is pleased to announce that beginning this school year, one Naples High School senior will be honored and publicly recognized as The Naples High School Student of Distinction.
The Naples High School Student of Distinction Award is designed to recognized outstanding achievement by one Naples High School senior in four categories: academics, athletics, co-curriculars and extra-curriculars.
The minimum requirements to apply for The Naples High School Student of Distinction Award are as follows:
- Senior Class Member in Good Standing
- Academic Requirement: Unweighted Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.75
- Athletic Requirement: Three (3) Varsity Letters Earned in one or any combination of Florida High School Athletic Association and Collier County Public Schools sanctioned sports.
- Co-Curricular Requirement: Four (4) Years of Participation in one or any combination of the following co-curricular activities: Band, Orchestra, Chorus, Yearbook, JROTC, or Journalism.
- Extra-Curricular Requirement: Two (2) Years of proven leadership in a non-athletic extra-curricular school organization such as the Student Government Association, an Honor Society or bona fide Club.
Each applicant must secure four (4) letters of recommendation from Naples High School faculty or staff. One (1) letter of recommendation from a faculty or staff member in each of the required four categories. The letters of recommendation should be submitted confidentially and directly to the Activities Coordinator at Naples High School on or before the completed application due date of Thursday, May 13, 2021. For the application, please click HERE.
A selection committee comprised of the Assistant Principal for Curriculum, the Activities Coordinator/Athletic Director, a Guidance Counselor and a representative of the Music or Theater program will meet to review all applications and select the recipient of the award.
The recipient of The Naples High School Student of Distinction Award will be honored and publicly recognized at the annual Naples High School Senior Awards ceremony. The recipient will receive a $1,000.00 scholarship and a commemorative plaque. The student will also receive recognition in perpetuity (in the form of a picture and plaque) in The Naples High School Student of Distinction display in the Naples High School Hall of Fame.
Completed applications and all required Letters of Recommendation must be submitted via e-mail to NHS Activities Coordinator/Athletic Director Ernie Modugno at firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Thursday, May 13, 2021.
NHS INCOMING FRESHMAN SPRING FOOTBALL INFORMATION
NHS spring football training will begin Monday, April 26th and end Thursday, May 19th. Incoming freshmen should meet at the Naples High School weight room at 4:15 PM each day; sessions will end at 5:30 PM.
For more information click HERE.
ENN SCHOOL NEWS FOR FRIDAY, MAY 7:
- Seniors, your scholar chords will be distributed with your cap and gown this year. Cap and Gown pick up will be at 8 AM on May 25th in the gym.
- It’s that time of year again! Like to hit things, and make a lot of noise? Play drum set in a garage band or piano on the side? Like making sick beats? Naples High Golden Eagle Band Program is looking for students to join our percussion program for the 2021-2022 school year. Percussion auditions are open to all students who want to participate in the band program. The auditions are meant for placement, not entry, All students will be given a place in the percussion section if they are willing to work hard. We look to try and place students in a place where they will be comfortable, but still challenged to grow as musicians. This will be a group audition, and we will be focusing on fundamentals and learning a couple of our warmups for the upcoming season. Auditions will be May 10th and May 12th from 5:30pm to 7:30pm in the Naples High Band Room. If you have questions, email Mr. Stein or Mr. Grieb, or stop by the Naples High Band Room before auditions.
- Seniors, if you have a bib please turn it in to room 6-103 by May 20.
- The Golden Eagles baseball season ended last night on a tough 5 to 4 loss to Cypress Lake in the regional semi-finals. The team was 18 and 9 this year and improved tremendously and with only two Seniors graduating the Golden Eagles will be a team to be reckoned with next season. Carson Fellows ended his high school career with his 4th home run of the year last night and collected his 30th RBI. A great Senior year for Carson! Michael Graziano also collected two hits for the Golden Eagles. The team goes into the offseason with one of the youngest teams in the county and will come back strong in 2022!
- The Naples Golden Eagles Softball team pulled out a scrappy 5-3 win over the Estero Wildcats to advance to the regional semi-finals next Tuesday. The Golden Eagles got offensive production Macy Miles with two RBI'S and Leauna Aladin, Melissa Morales, and Kelsey Scott also contributing with RBI'S. Macy Miles also pitched 4.1 innings allowing three runs, only one earned on four hits with three strikeouts. Haelee Angelico came in to close out the game only allowing one hit with four strikeouts. The team will be back at it again on Tuesday vs Fort Myers.
SUPPORT THE ABC CLUB OF NHSThe Naples High School Academic Booster Club needs your help. Throughout the year they focus on supporting students' academic efforts and the teachers that provide multiple learning opportunities to their students. If you are interested in donating or what more information, please click HERE.
The Academic Booster Club
SPONSORS FOR 2020-2021
EAGLE LEVEL - $1,000.00 +
LeNoir E. Zaiser III
Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club
First Florida Integrity Bank
The Anand Family
The Calkins Family
Dr. Richard & Mrs. Robin Garcia
Harborside Animal Clinic/March Family
The Havig Family
The Khan-Bridgers Family
The Meland Family
The Tucker Family
GOLD LEVEL - $500.00
Dr. Caren F. Mikesh MD
The Purse Family
The Solomon Family
BLUE LEVEL - $250.00
Coleman Eye Care
The Colon Family
The Lamb Family
Rosa & Alex Villarreal
The Young Family
PATRONS LEVEL - $100.00
Elizabeth and Mark Bole
Greg and Carey Brisson
Erick and Anita Carter
Collier Residential Appraisal
The Conte Family
The Dawson Family
The Gaines Family
Jerry and Cheryl Geisler
Chris and Karen Hanlon
The Huynh Family
Chadd and Amy Kodak
Andrea and Mitch McLendon
The Poorman Family
The Sonneborn Family
SPONSORS LEVEL DONORS LEVEL
Michael and Kim Kane
The DeMarco Family
Suzanne, Noah, and Leah Shreeve
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
Updated April 21, 2021
NHS Blue & Gold Club Sponsors
As the 2020-21 school year is nearing an end, we would like to thank all Golden Eagle parents, alumni, business owners and community members who supported the Naples High School athletic department financially this past year, through membership in The Naples High School BLUE & GOLD CLUB. Your donations helped to sustain Golden Eagle athletics in a very meaningful way during this year of reduced revenues due to the pandemic. We would not have been able to make it all work without your help.
HALL OF FAME
Anonymous – Robert & Donna Buckel – The Calkins Family
Tim & Amy Cartwright – Dr. Richard J. Garcia, MD – Zachary Hamel
Gary & LingYan Godley in Remembrance of Bill Godley
Harborside Animal Clinic – The Havig Family – The Lynch Family
Wayne & Rebecca Meland – Park Family & Cosmetic Dentistry
Scali Family – Anthony & Ashley Solomon
Bruce & Kim Tuberville – Waterside Builders
Coleman Eye Care – DeVoe Automotive
Donald & Susan DeVoe – Tamiami Hyundai
Tom & Jo O’Reilly – The Lucy H. Storter Trust
The Tucker Family - Guy & Chrissy Winzenried
Bondi Surf Shop – Greg & Carey Brisson – Bill & Barbara Coen
Gary & Kelly Colon – Susan H. Earl – David & Gloria Flick
Family Foot and Leg Center, Kevin Lam, DPM – Chadd & Amy Kodak
JD Loden Wealth Management, LLC – Mayor Lawn Care, LLC
Martha McKee – Mitch & Andrea McLendon – George Marienthal
Erik & Cindy Mogelvang – David & Karen Nassif
Doug & Robin Olson – Proven 4 Sport – Clyde & Pearl Quinby
Doug & Chris Rogers – Elena Shaw – Storrar Family
Amy Baird – Loicis Catillo – Sue Black - Eden & Terry Cantrell
Erick & Anita Carter – Mary Cunnigham
Kyle & Jennifer Castillo – Cone Communications Company
D’Layne Graney/Coldwell Banker – Ed Koehler Designs, LLC
Stacey Fields – Flooring Solutions of SWFL, Inc. – Scott Gaines
Jerry & Cheryl Geisler – Jan Goldsmith – Colleen & Paul Gustafson
Chris & Karen Hanlon – The Hyer Family – Robert Iamurri
Carl Ingham – Dr. Paul O. Jones – John & Tammy Kennedy
The Lamb Family – Paul & Kathy Lindabury – Jack Lindung
Master Spas – McLaughlin Appraisals – Caren F. Mikesh, MD
Josephine & Stephanie Morse – John & Michele Newberry
Tom, Krissy & Savannah Pellegriti – Petry Family & Pergola, Inc.
David & Jeanne Poorman – Salon Professionals
Stephanie Rubino, Realtor – John & Angela Sanders
Susan & Carl Suarez – Cameron Tait – Neil & Jennifer Travis
Sam & Ashley Tunkle – James & Cindy Walker
Pam & Sonny Walker – Michael E. Watkins
Katy & Bob Weidenmiller – Rob & Erin Wieschowski
Gabrielle Blazina - Byrd Family
Mario Dorestal, Sr. – Tim & Lisa Fletcher
Todd & Michelle Gibson – The Goebel Family – Antonia Gresbrink
Larry Hibbett - Judith Horne – Elise Mittler, Realtor – Kim Scott
Jane Petry – Kristen Sonneborn – Danielle & Evan Story
Blaise Underhill – Tom Woodruff – Robert A. Young
Thank you for your support of Golden Eagle Athletics!!
March 26, 2021