NO SCHOOL FOR CCPS STUDENTS OCTOBER 17 & 18
There will be NO SCHOOL on Thursday, October 17th (Teacher Professional Day) and on Friday, October 18th (Teacher Planning Day). Classes will resume at Naples High School on Monday, October 21st at 7:10 AM.
STAVER FIELD BANNERS ARE NOW AVAILABLE
For the first time ever, Naples High School is making advertising space available inside historic Staver Field.
Beginning this fall, a limited number of high quality, high visibility custom banners are being sold on a first-come, first served basis for placement inside our stadium. Each banner will be made of heavy-duty vinyl and will be uniform in color (gold lettering on a navy blue background). Each banners will be 42” high x 108” wide.
If you would like to purchase a Naples High School stadium banner please e-mail our Athletic Director Ernie Modugno at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Proceeds from banner sales will benefit ALL sports at Naples High School)
COACH PAUL HORNE NAMED THE 2019 FLORIDA ATHLETIC COACHES ASSOCIATION OUTSTANDING ASSISTANT COACH OF THE YEAR
Each year, the Florida Athletic Coaches Association recognizes Florida’s most outstanding assistant coaches. Any coach, in any sport, who has been an assistant coach in the state of Florida for at least ten (10) years and who is a current member of the FACA, is eligible for the award. Those coaches with the highest verifiable point totals in the areas of coaching tenure, coaching publications, State Series champions coached, and coaching service each year are selected to receive this award.
The 2019 recipient of the Florida Athletic Coaches Association Outstanding Assistant Coach Award is Naples High School varsity football Offensive Coordinator and Offensive Line Coach Paul Horne.
Coach Horne is in his 22nd season at NHS. He is a graduate of William and Mary, where he was a two year starter in football for The Tribe. Coach Horne teaches social studies at Naples High School. He is a National Board Certified Teacher, a Golden Apple Recipient, and a Collier County Social Studies Teacher of the Year. He has a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership.
As a coach in the Golden Eagle football program Paul Horne has coached one All-American, two Florida North-South All-Star game participants, twenty-five collegiate linemen, fifteen All-State linemen, and numerous All-District/All-Conference/All-County linemen. In 2016, he was a coach in the 2016 US Army All-American Football Bowl.
Congratulations to Coach Paul Horne for being named the Florida Athletic Coaches Association Outstanding Assistant Coach of the Year for 2019.
ENN SCHOOL NEWS FOR FRIDAY, OCTOBER 11:
- The annual Laws of Life essay/speech competition is back! If you are interested in winning a CASH prize for writing about an important character trait, see your English teacher or Mr. Seevers in room 11-211. All entries must be turned into him no later than Friday, November 8th at 2:05 PM. Naples High sends a total of ten essays for judging at the next level, so yours could make it!
- What does the food you eat, your four footed furry friends and the health of a forest have in common? A group of 700,000 high school teenagers, members in the FFA, study the world of agriculture with career and leadership opportunities, start up one of the biggest high school driven organizations in Naples. Come to room 5-119 TODAY for more information.
- The SCIENCE FAIR is coming! You want to be the one to proudly represent NHS. See your science teacher for more information.
- The Freshman SGA class will be taking presale orders for the class t-shirt next week at lunch. The cost will be $15. Freshman, hurry and sign up for your t-shirt and support your class!
- Seniors, FSW will be here TODAY to discuss the transfer 2 + 2 program, admission process and the majors offered by the college. This meeting will also let you know about instant decision day at NHS on November 6th. The presentation will be held during lunch in the auditorium.
- Hey, NHS and Best Buddies' Supporters! Tuesday is the LAST DAY TO BUY CHOCOLATE! So grab a snack and support this amazing club! You all can make a difference by doing your Best for these NHS Best Buddies! Make sure to some see Mrs. Szczepkowski in room 2-114 or turn in your application by Monday so you can get a buddy! All students are encouraged to join us and celebrate regardless!
- Seniors, start thinking about your Senior Quote for the yearbook! You will need it for the Senior Meeting on Wednesday, October 16th.
- Students who are attending Fall State with JSA be sure to come to TODAY'S meeting in the media center for some important information.
- Underclassmen Picture Re-Takes are on October 22nd.
- Students attending Fall State with JSA, be sure to attend today's meeting in the media center for some important information.
- There will be an Engineering and Robotics Club meeting TODAY at lunch in Coach Greer’s room. We will discuss the volunteering event this coming Tuesday at Poinciana Elementary and our next robotics competition. See you at lunch!
- The volleyball District Semi-Final game will be played on Tuesday, October 15 at NHS. Naples, 2nd seeded, will be hosting the winner of Lely (3rd Seed) vs. Immokalee (6th Seed) District Quarterfinal game. Game time is 7 PM. Admission will be $6 General Admission and $4 Students. FHSAA State Series Passes ONLY. The winner of our Tuesday game will most likely play at Barron Collier (1st Seed) on Wednesday at 7 PM. GO Golden Eagles!
- The Naples High Girls Swim Team ended their regular season last night UNDEFEATED! What an incredible season for the Godlen Eagles Swim team! Congratulations to Freshmen Camille Sonalia, Havana Layton, and to Sabyne Brisson who was undefeated all season! Also to Seniors Adair Olmsted, Ava Graziano, and Zoey Cole on winning their individual events last night as the Golden Eagles dominated St. John Neumann. Swimming on winning relays last night were Tarrah, Havana, Camille, Sabyne, Lily, and Ava!
- The NHS Boys Swim team dominated the meet against St. John Neumann winning every event! Senior Jake Williamson won the 200 and 500 Freestyles, he was also a member of two winning relays. Senior Gareth Rosal won his individual events the 100 Fly and the 100 Breaststroke and joined Jake in winning two relays as well! Other event winners included Payton March, Lucas Edwards, Erik Eisold, and James Scanlan. Other members on the boys winning relay teams were James Scanlan, Lucas Edwards, Lucas Riggs, Grady Stranger, and Payton March. What an awesome meet! The Golden Eagles will swim Saturday at the CCAC Conference Championships!
- Tonight Golden Eagles football will take on the cross town rival, Lely, in the annual Coconut Bowl.
- Attention 9th, 10th, and selected 11th and 12th Graders! The PSAT will take place at Naples High School on October 16th. Be ready. Go to CollegeBoard.org for practice items and to find out more about the test. The PSAT measures your knowledge and skills in four areas: Reading; Writing and Language; and Math. Calculators are allowed on the final part of the Math section. Please bring your own calculator on the day of the PSAT. Find acceptable calculators to use for the PSAT at www.sat.org/calculators.
- Items to Have on the Day of PSAT:
- Your badge
- An acceptable calculator
- Number 2 pencils
- Items to Have on the Day of PSAT:
SUPPORT THE ABC CLUB OF NHSThe Naples High School Academic Booster Club needs your help. Throughout the year they focus on supporting students' academic efforts and the teachers that provide multiple learning opportunities to their students. If you are interested in donating or what more information, please click HERE.
The Academic Booster Club
SPONSORS FOR 2018-2019
EAGLE LEVEL - $1,000.00 +
LeNoir E. Zaiser III / Zaiser Trust Fund
Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club
First Florida Integrity Bank
Wayne and Rebecca Meland
The Flegel Family
The Calkins/Sonders Family
Mark B. Gerber, MD
Matt and Allison Young
The Su Family
GOLD LEVEL - $500.00
Guy Winzenried, MD, FACG
The Douglas Family
The Moll Family
Adam and Michelle Morgenstern
Caren F. Mikesh, MD
The Lamb Family
Harborside Animal Clinic
The Havig Family
Suzanne H. Klym, Realtor
Ken and Tonya Johnson
BLUE LEVEL - $250.00
The Axline Family
The Lykins Family
The Hamel Family
Dr. and Mrs. Pavan Anand
Joe and Melissa LaCagnina
Falcon Design, Inc.
Dr. & Mrs. Adam Olmsted
The Colon Family
The Theobald/Mueller Family
Carla and David Corban
Hotel Escalante/Vernda E
Coleman Eye Center
Brian and Desiree Smith
PATRONS LEVEL - $100.00
Katrina Cross Lee
In Memory of Dr. Matthew L. Black
The Conte Family
Law Office of Pieter Van Dien
The Bole Family
Rick and Tanya Robinson
Erick and Anita Carter
The Cone Family
The Castillo Family
The Bricco Family
Chadd and Amy Kodak
JD Loden Wealth Management, Inc.
The Boyd Family
SPONSORS LEVEL DONORS LEVEL Anonymous Sponsor
Mike and Amy McCormish
Jim and Lauren Tureskis
Jerry and Cheryl Geisler
Jeff Schreier Design Group
Kyle and Jennifer Castillo
Patricia A. Chandler
Janet and Shaun Kelly
Jerry and Deborah Eddleman
James and Lisa Dawson
Todd and Michelle Gibson
The Bolduc Family
The Dumas Family
Renee and Riev Fuller
Mitch and Connie Kinstler
Joannne and Jeff Paredes
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
Updated March 21, 2019
6:30 PM - 8:30 PM Collier County Band Show
October 24, 2019
November 5, 2019
4:30 PM - 6:30 PM Regular School Board Meeting
November 12, 2019
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM School Board Organizational Meeting
November 16, 2019
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM CCPS 5K Walk-Run
November 25, 2019
September 17, 2019