Maternity ~ Parental LeaveThe following two documents must be submitted at least 30 days prior to your first day of anticipated leave:
- Leave Request Cover Sheet and Acknowledgement Form: Fill out the top portion, date and sign.
- Physician’s Statement: Dated and signed by your doctor/midwife indicating your estimated due date.
Fax or email completed forms to (239) 377-0384 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please call Jenna Sims if you have any questions regarding maternity/parental leaves at (239) 377-0388.
Please review the following documents:
Changes to Your Benefits:
The birth of a child qualifies as a "life event", and certain changes can be made to your benefits. These changes must be made within 30 days after the birth of your child. Changes include:
View your current benefits in the CCPS Portal.
- Medical Insurance- You may add your spouse or additional children to your medical plan.
- Life Insurance - You may add life insurance for your child. In order to do so, you would need to elect Voluntary Life insurance for yourself or your spouse.
- You may change your beneficiaries at any time by accessing the CCPS Portal.
- Flexible Spending Account - You may enroll in or allocate additional funds towards your Flexible Spending Account.
Adding Your Baby to Your Medical Insurance:
You have 30 days from the date of birth to add your child to your medical plan. Please state in writing via email or fax that you would like to add your child to your medical plan. Please include your child’s name and date of birth. If you already have dependents on your plan, please indicate if they will remain on your plan in addition to adding your newborn. Please specify if your spouse works for CCPS and if you will have two or more children on your plan. This qualifies you for Dual Spouse rates. You will need to submit a copy of the official birth certificate within 30 days and the baby’s social security number within 45 days of the birth. Contact Jenna Sims for changes to your medical Insurance.
To expedite the processing of your baby’s medical claims, please notify Allegiance at 1-855-333-1012 with your baby’s date of birth.
1 CHILD ONLY
2 CHILDREN ONLY
3 CHILDREN ONLY
(Two employees with two or more children)
Insurance Information While you are on Leave:
Health Insurance: If eligible and approved for FMLA, Board contributions for your health insurance will continue for 12 weeks. If your leave extends beyond the 12 weeks of FMLA, Dan Davidson, Benefits Specialist, will send you a bill for the premium amount to continue your coverage. You also have the option of dropping coverage while you are on leave; however, when you return to work it will be your responsibility to contact the Benefits Office for the appropriate forms in order to reinstate your insurance benefits.Dependent Coverage: You may continue health coverage for your dependents by paying the premium bill from Dan Davidson. He will bill you for the total amount due; however, monthly payments may be arranged. You also have the option of dropping dependent coverage while you are on leave; however, when you return to work it will be your responsibility to contact the Benefits Office for the appropriate forms in order to reinstate your dependent insurance benefits. If you elect dependent coverage when you return to work, payroll deductions will resume.Voluntary Benefits: You may continue certain voluntary products by paying the premium bill from Dan Davidson. You also have the option of dropping voluntary benefit coverage while you are on leave; however, when you return to work it will be your responsibility to contact the enrollment company, Benefit Technologies, at 1-800-282-0732 to re-enroll.
Please contact the following Benefits Specialists:
- Dan Davidson (239) 377-0360 or email@example.com.
14 Day Short Term Disability - The Standard:
If you have this policy as one of your benefits, contact The Standards's Claim Intake Service Center at 1-800-378-2395 or go to www.standard.com and click on "File a Claim". For additional informatino, refer to the below link for a flyer on "How to File a STD Claim".
Short Term Disability benefits are paid for maternity leave if you are restricted from working before or after the birth of the child due to a medical reason. Benefits are also paid for maternity leave after the birth (6 weeks for natural deliveries without complications or 8 weeks for cesarean deliveries without complications - minus the 14-day waiting period).
For additional information, visit https://www.collierschools.com/Page/12204
If you have Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance or Hospital Indemnity Insurance, you are eligible to receive money for a wellness visit with your doctor. Hospital Indemnity insurance also allows you to receive money for your hospital visit.
- Accident Insurance Information: https://www.collierschools.com/Page/12202
- Critical Illness Information: https://www.collierschools.com/Page/8318
- Hospital Indemnity Information: https://www.collierschools.com/Page/8620
The claim instructions and claim forms are on the Benefits Forms webpage under Accident Insurance, Critical Illness, and Hospital Indemnity: https://www.collierschools.com/Page/5318
Email access while on leave:
Please refrain from using the CCPS email system while on maternity leave. Any email correspondence should be through your personal email address until you return to work.Helpful Resources:
- Baby Care Class
- Golisano Children's Hospital of SWFL
- Baby Center
- Information from pre-pregnancy to toddler and family
- Childbirth Education Classes
- Family Birth Center of Naples
- Collier Child Care Resources, Inc.
- Provides resources for high quality early childhood care and education
- Community Health Partners (CHP)
- Search for network physicians and providers
- Early Learning Coalition of Southwest Florida
- Child care information and facility search
- La Leche League
- Support for breastfeeding families
- March of Dimes
- Fighting Premature Birth - Healthy Moms = Healthy Babies
- Maternity Services at Naples Community Hospital (NCH)
- Office of Early Learning - Florida Department of Education
- Provides access to quality child care and early learning services
- Ovia Health
- Fertility & Pregnancy Tracking and Parenting Apps
- What To Expect - Information from pre-pregnancy to toddler and family