New Hire Benefits Enrollment
Welcome to Collier County Public Schools! All newly hired benefit eligible employees are encouraged to spend some time reviewing the benefits information available online prior to completing new hire benefits enrollment.
Benefits Effective Date
Employee Coverage: All benefit eligible employees will AUTOMATICALLY be enrolled in the District-Paid Medical (employee only) and Basic Life coverage effective the first contract date. All other voluntary benefits are effective the first of the month following the first contract date. Voluntary worksite benefits (Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital and Universal Life) effective date is determined at the time of enrollment.
Dependent Coverage: Dependent coverage for all voluntary benefits is effective on the first of the month following the employee’s first contract date. Voluntary worksite benefits (Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital and Universal Life) effective date is determined at the time of enrollment.
If enrollment is not completed within 30 days from the first contract date, benefit changes will not be permitted until the next Annual Open Enrollment period, unless the employee experiences a qualifying life event.
How to Enroll
All newly hired benefit eligible employees will follow the below steps to complete benefits enrollment. Prior to enrolling, review the list of links on the left-hand side of this webpage to learn about the benefits offered through CCPS. The Employee Benefits Guide and Checklist and Rate Sheet are also great sources of information.
Steps to Enroll
1. After your new hire meeting, call US Enrollment Services at (800) 282-0732, option 0 to schedule an appointment. Your enrollment appointment must be AFTER your first day of employment.
- Appointments are available every Wednesday from 10AM – 6PM
2. Before your appointment:
- Visit www.collierschools.com/benefits to review the benefits offered to you and your dependents
- Gather social security numbers and dates of birth for dependents and beneficiaries you will be adding
3. On the day of your appointment, call US Enrollment Services at (877) 220-0044 to complete your enrollment
4. After enrollment, review your benefit elections by logging into the CCPS Portal https://portal.collierschools.com/
Questions? Contact the Benefits & Wellness Office at 239-377-0340 or one of the following Benefits staff members:
Elementary Schools, Transportation & Maintenance Employees
Teresa Cowley – Benefits Specialist
239-377-0352 or email@example.com
Secondary Schools & Administrative Center Employees
Jenna Sims – Benefits Manager
239-377-0388 or firstname.lastname@example.orgFlorida Retirement System (FRS)Approximately 60 days from your start date, employees new to FRS will receive an information packet on choosing a retirement plan. The employee will have eight months from their first contract date to select a retirement plan (Pension or Investment) or they will default to the Investment Plan. New employees are encouraged to contact the Financial Guidance Line at 866-446-9377 for questions and assistance in selecting a retirement plan.Below are additional resources to assist new employees with making a plan election:
Required Notices & Other Resources:
- FRS Website
- Comparing the Plans: Investment vs. Pension
- Orientation Brochure
- Welcome Letter
- New Hire Road Map