- Barron Collier High
UPDATE: Health Guidance for Recess/PE & Athletic Events
September 29, 2020
Collier County Public Schools (CCPS) is pleased to update health guidance for our students when they are outdoors and to expand spectator access for athletic events. The following are the latest recommendations from the Florida Department of Health-Collier (FLDOH-Collier):
Face coverings/masks may be removed for students at recess or in Physical Education (PE) classes outdoors, inclusive of playgrounds and other outdoor spaces. The public health principle of social distancing will remain in order to minimize risk. Students will use hand sanitizer when re-entering the school building after recess and/or PE.
- Additional spectators will be allowed, with seats marked to reflect limited social distancing in the stands
- Each football player and cheerleader will be allowed to invite two members of his/her household to attend each HOME and, now, AWAY game
- Additional available seats will go to senior students from the HOME team
Click here to view spectator guidance for CCPS fall athletic events
- FLDOH-Collier is allowing additional people inside our CCPS gymnasiums, which means players from the Freshman, JV, and Varsity Girls Volleyball teams can be inside the gym at the same time in order to support their fellow students
- In order to limit capacity, only the parents/guardians of the team currently playing will be allowed to watch.
What is the definition of a close contact? Are students able to continue courses even if they need to quarantine? How should students respond to peers who have needed to isolate or quarantine? These are some of the important questions addressed in a new educational video to be shown in the next week to our middle and high school students.
Parents, click here or the video image below to preview the video.
It is important to note health and safety measures are subject to change based on guidance from the Florida Department of Education, Florida Department of Health-Collier, and/or the Centers for Disease Control.
CCPS is extremely proud of our students, staff, and parents for wearing face coverings/mask, social distancing, and adapting to all the health and safety procedures relating to COVID-19. Thank you for your patience and support as we all continue moving forward together.