- East Naples Middle
- East Naples Middle School
UPDATE: Fall Athletic Events
September 3, 2020
With the 2020-2021 school year now underway, we continue to collaborate with the Florida Department of Health-Collier to adjust guidelines while keeping the health and safety of our students, parents, and staff a top priority.
We are pleased to announce that the Florida Department of Health-Collier has approved the ability to have limited spectator attendance at home athletic competitions. Each CCPS student-athlete, cheerleader, and band member will be permitted to invite two (2) members of their household to attend each HOME event in which they are participating.
This allowance pertains to high school football, volleyball, and cross-country held on CCPS campuses only (home games only). Visiting teams will NOT be permitted spectators.
Spectators will be subject to the following health and safety guidelines:
- All spectators will be REQUIRED to wear a face covering (covering nose and mouth)
- Open-chin triangle bandanas and face coverings containing valves/vents, mesh material, lace, holes, or other largely porous materials are NOT acceptable
- Social distancing using pre-identified, marked bleacher seats will allow for each participant's two (2) household guests to sit together, but remain six feet apart from other spectators
- Concessions will be limited to grab-and-go commercially packaged snacks; social distancing of six (6) feet will be followed
In an effort to explore the opportunities available for spectators at swimming/diving and golf competitions, the District is sharing this plan with outside venues that host these events.
For family members and fans not attending an event in person, CCPS has invested in the technology necessary to stream football and volleyball games in real time. More information will be forthcoming.
All middle school athletics have been postponed until Winter/Spring season. We will share more information on those events as it becomes available.
We are excited to welcome parents and family members to our athletic events. However, our long-term goal is to keep our athletic events open to spectators. Accomplishing this goal requires shared responsibility from everyone in our community. #COVIDStopsWithMe