Supplemental Secondary Reading Intervention Materials Work Group Applications
The application for parent and/or community members to join the Supplemental Secondary Reading Intervention Materials Work Group is now open. The purpose of this work group is to evaluate and select a highly effective, evidence-based secondary reading intervention program. This resource will be utilized in secondary Intensive Reading classrooms to provide reading intervention to assist secondary students in achieving grade-level proficiency. The duties of the Work Group will consist of, but may not be limited to, reviewing and scoring publisher submissions and attending publisher presentations to determine the best resource for purchase.
If you are interested in applying to serve as a work group member, click here to access the application. The deadline for the submission is January 9, 2023.
The District will convene the Supplemental Secondary Reading Intervention Materials Work Group to consider new Intensive Reading supplemental instructional materials for implementation in the 2023 - 24 school year. Work Group meetings and trainings will begin the week of January 18, 2023.
Qualified applicants must:
- Possess knowledge and/or demonstrate expertise in the content area
- Be a full time Collier County resident
- Be willing to commit to 20 - 30 hours for review of instructional materials (after school hours)
- Be able to score instructional materials using an electronic platform and evaluation tool
- Be available to attend all committee meetings (during the work day)