eLearns Update #3
★ CCPS eLearns! ★
Teacher-Led Virtual Instruction Begins
on Monday, March 30th!
Collier County Public Schools (CCPS) is committed to supporting children and families in continuous learning, and we are off to a great start! Beginning this Monday, March 30th, students will use the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) to access coursework with teachers.
FRIDAY, MARCH 27 - SUNDAY, MARCH 29
Getting Started with Canvas
As you and your child(ren) continue to prepare for teacher-led instruction, we encourage you to learn more about how to use Canvas. Visit Canvas at canvas.collierschools.com and log in using your student's credentials. You will then see a banner with helpful tutorial videos. Screenshots of what you will see are shown below.
STARTING ON MONDAY, MARCH 30
Student Expectations for Online Learning
- This instruction will be conducted by your child's teacher(s) and grades for fourth quarter will be entered beginning Monday, March 30th
- Students are expected to log in to Canvas daily (canvas.collierschools.com) and regular activity is necessary for these eLearning days to count as part of the 180-day academic calendar
- Students may work flexibly throughout the day as multiple children may be using one device in a home
- Students can plan for an average daily time for learning based on the below outline, although some students will work more quickly and other tasks may take more time
- Pre-Kindergarten: 1½ hours
- Kindergarten - 2nd Grade: 3 hours
- 3rd Grade - 5th Grade: 4 hours
- 6th Grade - 12th Grade: 4½ hours
- Please continue to visit collierschools.com/elearns for enrichment activities in Social Emotional Learning (SEL), art, music, and physical activities
VIDEO: Teacher-Led Virtual Instruction
Click here to view a video that will provide more information about CCPS eLearns for the week of March 30th and moving forward.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click here to access our Frequently Asked Questions page.
eLEARNS ONLINE LEARNING SUPPORT
If you have specific questions regarding our CCPS eLearns online learning, please send an email to eLearns@collierschools.com.
LAPTOP TECHNICAL SUPPORT
If you have a District-issued laptop and have questions or technical issues, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for instructions on connecting your District-issued laptop to your home Wi-Fi network.
CCPS PARENT PORTAL
We ask that all parents visit the CCPS Portal to make sure their contact information is correct to ensure they receive important information. We will continue to utilize all of our communication channels for updates throughout this situation.