- Lorenzo Walker Technical High
eLearns Update #8
★ CCPS eLearns! ★
eLEARNS PARENT SURVEY
Collier County Public Schools is committed to a partnership between schools and families to help all children excel. During this implementation of eLearning, we invite parents to take this brief online survey for each school your child(ren) attend(s) (Grades K to 12).
We value your feedback and wish to ensure your voice is heard.
- Click here to respond to the eLearns Parent Survey
ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS: GRADES 4-8 IN 2020-2021
We appreciate the support of parents and families during eLearning. Moving forward, a consistent organizational system in grades 4-8 will assist parents and their children in preparing for learning as we step forward together as a CCPS Family. Building a strong foundation in organizational skills with a bridge of common practices between elementary and middle schools will support students in being College, Career, and Life Ready.
Students in fourth through eighth grades will be using a common organizational system based on organizing learning materials in a three-ring binder or Trapper Keeper with the following color system:
- English Language Arts (Reading/Elementary) - Red
- English Language Arts (Writing/Elementary only) - Yellow
- Math - Purple
- Science - Green
- Social Studies - Blue
Principals will share this organizational system with teachers and adjust class supply lists to reflect this system.
Updates regarding preparation for the new school year will be provided to parents in a variety of ways: school supply lists, school websites, and via social media.
4TH QUARTER GRADES AND REPORT CARDS
- The final day of eLearns for seniors is May 15th and June 3rd for students in grades K-11
- Grades for fourth quarter do count. 4th quarter grades will be part of: course grades, academic transcripts, GPA for middle and high school students, and criteria for academic honor societies
- Please monitor that your student is routinely completing and submitting assignments
- Middle and high school parents and students may continue to monitor grades in the FOCUS gradebook
- Elementary, middle and high school report cards will be available electronically by June 11, 2020; a reminder on directions to access will be provided in a future update
- We are here to help. Please contact teachers and school administrators if you need additional supports to stay on pace in eLearns. You may also email eLearns@collierschools.com
For more information about attendance, assessments, fourth quarter grades, and grade reporting during eLearns at the elementary level, please click here.
MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL
For more information about attendance, assessments, fourth quarter grades, and grade reporting during eLearns at the middle/high school levels, please click here.
Students are expected to access the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) daily to establish a consistent routine in eLearns. Attendance is taken on a weekly basis (Monday, 8:00am - the following Monday, 7:59am). To be be marked present for the entire week, students must participate in eLearning or communicate with their teacher at least once during the week.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click here to access our Frequently Asked Questions page.
eLEARNS ONLINE LEARNING SUPPORT
If you have specific questions regarding our CCPS eLearns online learning, please send an email to eLearns@collierschools.com.
LAPTOP TECHNICAL SUPPORT
If you have a District-issued laptop and have questions or technical issues, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for instructions on connecting your District-issued laptop to your home Wi-Fi network.
CCPS PARENT PORTAL
We ask that all parents visit the CCPS Portal to make sure their contact information is correct to ensure they receive important information. We will continue to utilize all of our communication channels for updates throughout this situation.