- Lorenzo Walker Technical High
Health Information 2021-22 Update #3
We are grateful for the incredible efforts of our CCPS Family to maintain safe and academically-focused learning environments. Recognizing that educating children during a pandemic is a fluid process, the following updates are being provided to address key issues:
Remember, there is no school on Monday or Tuesday (September 6-7). As we head into the Labor Day holiday weekend, please remember to practice healthy habits when you are traveling or gathering with family and friends. Those habits may include social distancing, avoiding large groups, using face coverings/masks, frequent hand washing, and staying home when showing signs of illness. When deciding if your child should stay home, please review the Student Health Screener.
New for School Year 2021-2022, the following conditions as determined by the Florida Department of Health may reduce or remove the need to quarantine students for close/direct contact to a COVID-19 positive individual:
- Asymptomatic students who are vaccinated are NOT required to quarantine
- Students who have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 90 days, and are asymptomatic, are NOT required to quarantine
- Students who remain asymptomatic during quarantine may return after 7 days (effective: 8/16/2021 per Florida Department of Health)
- Asymptomatic students may be tested on day 5, following exposure, and may return to school with a negative test result from a licensed test provider
- In the event of a quarantine, students can continue accessing assignments through the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) with their district-assigned laptop. If you have questions or concerns about assignments, please reach out to your school and please know that teachers will work with students to complete missed assignments or exams
We recognize you want to know COVID-19 contact tracing procedures and conditions guiding quarantine, but it can be difficult to stay informed on the updated guidance. Therefore, we have added answers to frequently asked questions and scenarios to our dedicated CCPS Family Health webpage.
COVID-19 TESTING AT HOME AND ATTENDANCE
Standalone home test kits are another way parents can determine if a child has COVID-19. If your child tests positive on a home test, then quarantine is required for a minimum of 10 days OR you receive written permission to return to school from a medical doctor OR you receive a negative COVID-19 test from a licensed health professional and your child is free of symptoms.
However, for attendance purposes, home test results must be validated by a medical professional OR your child must receive a result from a licensed test provider for the following reasons:
- The positive result (from licensed test provider or validated by medical professional) will excuse any quarantine-related absences
- If your child is later identified as a close contact and is asymptomatic (does not have symptoms), quarantine will not be required for 90 days from the exposure date (based on that positive result)
USE OF FACE COVERINGS/MASKS
We continue to consult with the Florida Department of Health-Collier (DOH-Collier) and our local medical professionals about the current conditions in Collier County. They HIGHLY RECOMMEND the use of masks by District staff and students.
Thank you for your continued flexibility as we collectively work together to keep your CCPS Family healthy.