Health Information Update #6
UPDATE #6 - March 14, 2020
As we continue to provide updates to assist parents during the CCPS school closure set for next week (Monday, March 16 - Friday, March 20), please review the information and resources below.
NEW: FREE MEALS FOR ALL CHILDREN 18 AND UNDER
During next week's school closure, Collier County Public Schools will be offering FREE meals for ALL children age 18 and under.
This free meal service will begin on Tuesday, March 17th. Pick-up will be available each weekday during the school closure from 9am to 1pm. The meals will be “grab and go” style. Students will be able to pick up two meals (breakfast and lunch OR lunch and next day's breakfast). School buildings will be closed; therefore, meals cannot be consumed onsite.
There will be 27 meal pick-up sites. Location details are being finalized and will be shared in a future update and on the District's Health Information Update website.
Per federal regulations, children 18 and under must be present to receive meals.
NEW: SELF-ISOLATION GUIDANCE
According to guidance from the Florida Department of Health-Collier, as of March 13th at 3:30pm, employees and students must self-isolate for 14 days due to travel to:
- China, South Korea, Japan, Italy, Iran, or Hong Kong
- all Level 3 countries (click here for list)
- only cruise passengers that are part of a known contact investigation are considered Level 2 and need to self-isolate for 14 days
- general cruise passengers (Caribbean, etc.) are considered low risk and do not need to self-isolate
If self-isolation is needed based on the guidance above:
- the 14-day period starts upon return of travel (not the end of Spring Break)
- if your child is self-isolating, please click here to complete our Reporting Self-Isolation Due to COVID-19 form.
CONTINUOUS LEARNING AND PARENT RESOURCES