eLearns Update #7
★ CCPS eLearns! ★
UTILIZING THE CANVAS CALENDAR FOR ASSIGNMENTS
- Organize assignments in a calendar or list view
- Using the To-Do list feature with checkboxes for completed items
- Staying Organized in Canvas - Click here to view video
OTHER CANVAS SUPPORTS
Orientation to Canvas Course
If your child is experiencing some difficulty using Canvas or you just want to learn more about the platform, we have two Orientation to Canvas courses that can help! Everything you need to know is waiting for you inside the course. This course is NOT REQUIRED, but we know it will give a student (or you) a better understanding of how to use Canvas for teacher-led virtual instruction.
- PRE-K - GRADE 2: Orientation to Canvas - Click here
- GRADE 3 - GRADE 12: Orientation to Canvas - Click here
Canvas Questions and Support
If you have specific questions or need assistance related to Canvas, please send an email to email@example.com.
MENTAL HEALTH TEAM SUPPORTS
We are always here to help your child and family with academic and social/emotional supports, especially during this challenging time. Please reach out to your school counselors, licensed mental health professionals, and psychologists for any needs. Click here for contact information
FDOE EDUCATION IMPACT SURVEY
FDOE Parent and Educator Survey on Virtual Learning
The Florida Department of Education (FDOE) has launched a vitally important education impact survey for Florida educators and parents to share their thoughts and opinions on recent crisis response from the Florida Department of Education, their local school district, and their school.
This short, two-minute survey, is intended to be completed by parents, educators, and students throughout Florida to include and incorporate their opinions on the next steps for education due to COVID-19. This survey does not request any personal information and your answers will remain strictly anonymous.
4TH QUARTER GRADES AND REPORT CARDS
- The final day of eLearns for seniors is May 15th and June 3rd for students in grades K-11
- Grades for fourth quarter do count. 4th quarter grades will be part of: course grades, academic transcripts, GPA for middle and high school students, and criteria for academic honor societies
- Please monitor that your student is routinely completing and submitting assignments
- Middle and high school parents and students may continue to monitor grades in the FOCUS gradebook
- Elementary, middle and high school report cards will be available electronically by June 11, 2020; a reminder on directions to access will be provided in a future update
- We are here to help. Please contact teachers and school administrators if you need additional supports to stay on pace in eLearns. You may also email eLearns@collierschools.com
For more information about attendance, assessments, fourth quarter grades, and grade reporting during eLearns at the elementary level, please click here.
MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL
For more information about attendance, assessments, fourth quarter grades, and grade reporting during eLearns at the middle/high school levels, please click here.
Students are expected to access the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) daily to establish a consistent routine in eLearns. Attendance is taken on a weekly basis (Monday, 8:00am - the following Monday, 7:59am). To be be marked present for the entire week, students must participate in eLearning or communicate with their teacher at least once during the week.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click here to access our Frequently Asked Questions page.
eLEARNS ONLINE LEARNING SUPPORT
If you have specific questions regarding our CCPS eLearns online learning, please send an email to eLearns@collierschools.com.
LAPTOP TECHNICAL SUPPORT
If you have a District-issued laptop and have questions or technical issues, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for instructions on connecting your District-issued laptop to your home Wi-Fi network.
CCPS PARENT PORTAL
We ask that all parents visit the CCPS Portal to make sure their contact information is correct to ensure they receive important information. We will continue to utilize all of our communication channels for updates throughout this situation.