Health Information 2021-22 Update #4
IMPORTANT HEALTH INFORMATION
2021-22 Update #4 - September 22, 2021
Please note, today the Florida Department of Health issued a Notice of Emergency Rule "Protocols for Controlling COVID-19 in School Settings" (64DER21-15).
The new Emergency Rule states the protocols listed below.
If student is ASYMPTOMATIC (no signs of illness) following exposure to COVID-19:
Schools shall allow parents or legal guardians the authority to choose how their child receives education after having direct contact with an individual that is positive for COVID-19.
Parents or legal guardians of students who are known to have been in direct contact with an individual who received a positive diagnostic test for COVID-19 may choose one of the following options:
- Allow the student to attend school, school-sponsored activities, or be on school property, without restriction or disparate treatment, so long as the student remains asymptomatic; or
- Quarantine the student for a period of time not to exceed seven days from the date of last direct contact with an individual that is positive for COVID-19.
If a student becomes SYMPTOMATIC following direct contact with an individual that has tested positive, or if student tests positive for COVID-19:
Schools will ensure students experiencing any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or who have received a positive diagnostic test for COVID-19 shall not attend school, school-sponsored activities, or be on school property until:
- The student receives a negative diagnostic COVID-19 test and is asymptomatic; or
- Ten days have passed since the onset of symptoms or positive test result, the student has had no fever for 24 hours, and the student's other symptoms are improving, or
- The student receives written permission to return to school from a medical doctor, an osteopathic physician, or an advanced registered nurse practitioner
Click here to read the full Notice of Emergency Rule.