- Manatee Elementary
eLearns Update #9 - TALKING TO YOUR CHILD ABOUT RACE ISSUES, 4TH QUARTER REPORT CARDS, GEAR UP FOR NEXT YEAR
Thank you to students, parents, educators, and community members for your perseverance and resilience with eLearns in the fourth quarter. We are actively planning for the 2020-21 school year and appreciate your incredible response to the recent SY21 Parent Questionnaire on reopening. This valuable input will inform the approaches to teaching and learning in the fall. We will be back in contact with parents in mid-July, as more information will be available, on your family’s plans for the new school year.
TALKING TO YOUR CHILD ABOUT RACE ISSUES AND CIVIL UNREST
As a School District, and as a community, we must teach our students, and teach one another, that respecting human worth and human dignity, respecting the uniqueness of each individual, and respecting the cultural and historical uniqueness of each community are values we can all agree upon, share, and must be incorporated into daily practice. It may be challenging to have discussions with your child about recent events. Click here for resources that may be helpful.
4TH QUARTER REPORT CARDS
Report cards will be available electronically by Thursday, June 11. Please follow the below steps to access final Report Cards.
Secondary (Grades 6-12)
- Visit the CCPS Portal (portal.collierschools.com)
- Sign in with your Username and Password
- Click FOCUS
- In the Messages area, under SSRS Reports, click the link to download a PDF version of the Report Card
Elementary (Grades PK-5)
- Visit FOCUS (focus.collierschools.com/focus)
- Enter the Username - your student's lunch number (student number)
- Enter the Password
- For students in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade, enter 1
- For students in Grades 3-5, enter your student's birthday month and day as four digitis (September 7, 2011 would be 0907)
- In the Messages area, under SSRS Reports, click the link to download a PDF version of the Elementary Progress Report
GEAR UP FOR NEXT YEAR!
Check out our summer Gear Up for Next Year webpage that will be continually updated with reading lists, virtual field trips, community supports, and more!
- Gear Up for Next Year: www.collierschools.com/gearup
June 15 - July 16, 2020, the District will launch Gear Up for Next Year summer learning activities designed to sustain student learning during the summer months and prepare students for next school year. These engaging, district-created instructional activities have been developed for grades K-8 and high school and will be accessed through the Canvas LMS, for up to three hours of content per week.
Participation in Gear Up for Next Year is optional and students will work independently at their own pace on these non-graded assignments.
- Please click here to complete a survey to indicate if your student needs to borrow a District laptop to participate in Gear Up or community-sponsored programs.