- Manatee Middle
Classroom Connect (Option 2) / High School Flexible - Quarter 2 Parent Survey
CLASSROOM CONNECT (Option 2) / HIGH SCHOOL FLEXIBLE
QUARTER 2 INSTRUCTIONAL MODEL PREFERENCE
October 12, 2020
Dear Parent/Guardian of Classroom Connect (Option 2) / High School Flexible (virtual) Student,
We are grateful for the flexibility and hard work of ALL students, parents, and staff members as we have navigated the start of the school year.
Collier County Public Schools (CCPS) is requesting your instructional model preference for Quarter 2 beginning on November 2, 2020. You may opt to continue with Classroom Connect (Option 2) / High School Flexible at-home learning from your enrolled school OR return to On Campus at your enrolled school. Please complete the survey linked below by this Friday, October 16, 2020, so your child’s school may plan accordingly for your preferred instructional model in Quarter 2.
Currently, the Commissioner’s Emergency Order (NO. 2020-EO-06) expires at the end of the first semester, which includes our CCPS innovative model of Classroom Connect (Option 2) / High School Flexible virtual scheduling. As a result, all students will be expected to return to campus January 20, 2021, (January 19 is a Virtual Learning Day and the first day of Quarter 3/second semester) with the exception of students enrolled in eCollier Academy (eCA), the distinct virtual school within CCPS. If the Commissioner's Emergency Order is extended beyond the first semester, CCPS will provide an update of any changes in the instructional model options.
The following safety precautions are in place on campus:
- All students are required to wear masks and safety glasses are highly recommended
- All staff members, including teachers, are required to wear masks in school
- Non-essential visitors are not allowed inside school buildings (e.g., mentors, vendors, and family visits)
- Classrooms and school building furniture are frequently cleaned
- Signage to support social distancing is displayed, in addition to a wide array of other measures being taken to keep students and employees safe
- Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout each school campus
- Frequent hand washing and/or use of hand sanitizer for all students and staff is encouraged
Due to the upcoming scheduling adjustments in your child’s school, there may be changes for students remaining in the Classroom Connect (Option 2) / High School Flexible model for Quarter 2. Schools will make every effort to maintain consistency in scheduling for students.
- Some students in Classroom Connect may receive a new teacher in Quarter 2 as classes are combined to meet scheduling needs
- Some classes may be “blended” with Classroom Connect students joining a classroom virtually at the same time with On Campus students
- Related Arts (music, art, physical education-PE, and instructional resource-IR) may be asynchronous or flexible (students complete assignments on their own schedules and do not join a teacher at a scheduled time for live instruction)
MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL
- Balancing of classes may result in a change in teacher(s) or the order in which students take classes
- Due to shifts in scheduling, students may now have flexible courses when they previously had Classroom Connect “live” classes
Parents, click here or on the video image below to view a video explaining this Quarter 2 Instructional Model Preference survey.
Please complete the survey by this Friday, October 16, 2020, so your child’s school may plan accordingly for your preferred instructional model in Quarter 2.