- Osceola Elementary
eLearns Update #10 - Update from Gov. DeSantis, Parent Workshop Registration Still Available, 4th Quarter Report Cards
On Thursday, June 11, 2020, Governor Ron DeSantis and Education Commissioner Richard Corcoran recommended schools would fully open in the fall in accordance with local guidance.
Collier County Public Schools is assessing the Governor’s plans and taking into account guidance from the Department of Health-Collier.
The first day of school for students will be on Wednesday, August 12, 2020, as previously scheduled on the 2020-21 academic calendar. Further details regarding re-opening guidelines will be communicated in July.
PARENT WORKSHOP: GOING FORWARD IN SUMMER AND THE NEW SCHOOL YEAR
Space is still available! Join us on Monday, June 15 at 12pm, as we welcome Dr. Fran Prolman for an interactive, virtual parent workshop - Going Forward in Summer and the New School Year. Learn effective strategies for managing pandemic-induced stress and establishing family routines, and hear about opportunities for virtual field trips and links to community resources.
Due to the interactive nature of this presentation, registration is limited to 1000 participants, but we still have about 200 spots available. To register, please click here. All registered participants will receive a separate emails with a link to join the presentation via WebEx.
4TH QUARTER REPORT CARDS
Report cards will be available electronically today, Thursday, June 11. Please follow the below steps to access final Report Cards.
Secondary (Grades 6-12)
- Visit the CCPS Portal (portal.collierschools.com)
- Sign in with your Username and Password
- Click FOCUS
- In the Messages area, under SSRS Reports, click the link to download a PDF version of the Report Card
Elementary (Grades PK-5)
- Visit FOCUS (focus.collierschools.com/focus)
- Enter the Username - your student's lunch number (student number)
- Enter the Password
- For students in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade, enter 1
- For students in Grades 3-5, enter your student's birthday month and day as four digitis (September 7, 2011 would be 0907)
- In the Messages area, under SSRS Reports, click the link to download a PDF version of the Elementary Progress Report
GEAR UP FOR NEXT YEAR!
Check out our summer Gear Up for Next Year webpage that will be continually updated with reading lists, virtual field trips, community supports, and more!
- Gear Up for Next Year: www.collierschools.com/gearup
June 15 - July 16, 2020, the District will launch Gear Up for Next Year summer learning activities designed to sustain student learning during the summer months and prepare students for next school year. These engaging, district-created instructional activities have been developed for grades K-8 and high school and will be accessed through the Canvas LMS, for up to three hours of content per week.
Participation in Gear Up for Next Year is optional and students will work independently at their own pace on these non-graded assignments.
- Please click here to complete a survey to indicate if your student needs to borrow a District laptop to participate in Gear Up or community-sponsored programs.