ENN SCHOOL NEWS FOR MONDAY, OCTOBER 21:
- NEW Slippers, NEW Socks, and NEW Shoes Collection is starting! October 21st thru November 21st help numerous children, ages 2-18 in Collier County Foster Care system, make the step towards their future easier this holiday and donate new socks, shoes, and warm/fuzzy slippers! Collected through your English/Language Arts teacher. The Teacher’s class period with the most collected wins their choice of a donut/breakfast or pizza/lunch party (depending on which period wins). ELA teachers will receive a collection bag, but may use their own if more space is needed. Final collection is Thursday, November 21, 2019. Questions, see Mrs. Stewart in room 11-105. Brought to you by the KINDest club on campus, your TOM's Campus Club!
- Attention all Juniors and Seniors! You get to pick this year's PROM 2020 theme. Prom will be held on Saturday, May 2 at the Beach Club, and we just can't decide which theme to go with, so we need your help! On Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of this week, look for the special QR code on ENN and in select classrooms, to scan and select your favorite. You may only vote once, so make your selection carefully. Sorry Freshman and Sophomores, this is closed only to the upperclassmen. The winning theme will be announced next Wednesday on ENN, so don't miss it!
- Did you attend Prom last year? Did you really, really, really, really, enjoy the bountiful foods on the buffet? Help make it a reality again for this year's Prom, and come out to CHIPOTLE tonight between 4 and 8 PM and order something to eat and drink. MENTION Naples High School Fundraiser, and we'll get a portion of the sale to go towards making sure a buffet of yummy foods is available again this year. Ticket prices are coming down, but the food prices don't. Stop by CHIPOTLE tonight between 4 and 8PM, mention NHS fundraiser, or show them this flyer on your phone, and YOU could be the difference between sweet, delicious, buffet foods, or drab, flavorless plated meal. PS, if we must go with the plated meal option, it will be the standard, chicken, veggie, starch for everyone!
- Attention all of those interested in Mock Trial. There will be a meeting Thursday during lunch in room 2-210A for all those interested in participating in the mock trial competition. If you are unable to attend, please talk to Logan Szittai for more information.
- Underclassmen Re-takes will be TOMORROW in the Auditorium. Stop by during your elective period or during lunch; bring your photo packet with you.
- Envirothon will meet TODAY during lunch in Room 3-101.
- Attention students attending Fall State with JSA: There will be a MANDATORY meeting in Mrs. Bettridge's room this Friday at lunch! Regular JSA meetings will resume the following Friday. Speaking of JSA, if you would like to buy a 2019-2020 JSA T-shirt, pre-ordering begins this week. Bring $20.00 to Mrs. Bettridge in room 6-217 to support NHS JSA and "Be the People".
- Congratulations to the NHS Boys' Cross Country team for winning the Collier County Athletic Conference Meet on Tuesday. Brady Gibson was the individual champion in a time of 16:49 followed by Alex Rodriguez with a runner-up finish. Michael Poole and Drew McLendon finished in the top ten to earn all conference honors with Isaiah Barajas finishing 11th for honorable mention. Ben Axline also ran a great race finishing 14th. Fantastic Race boys! Best of luck in the 19 team District race on Friday.
- There will be a short meeting at the beginning of lunch in room 6-109, TOMORROW for any girl interested in playing basketball this season.
- All girls interested in playing softball for Naples High School this year should attend an important meeting on Wednesday, October 23. The brief meeting will take place in the auditorium and start promptly at the beginning of the lunch period.
- The Girls Cross Country team competed Saturday at the Lely Invitational. After a lightning delay that began on the last note of the National Anthem, and running on wet, muddy, spongecake-like ground. The girls ran a combined Varsity and Junior Varsity race with minimal warmup and placed 7th. Tallulah Bowden led the girls with Sarah Goebel, Brianna Labra, and Kiley McKernan running well with Siersha Shrack completing the score. Ari Anand, Autumn Pinder, Grace Roderick finishing without shoes, Coral Morley, and Espy Perez ran well for the JV. Despite conditions and hardships Hannah Herber was again able to register a personal record for her season. Congratulations on a memorable season and Good Luck to Varsity that begins post season with a race Friday in Fort Myers.
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes will host a special free event tomorrow at 6 PM right here at NHS on Staver Field. Fields of Faith is an annual FCA event that features music, games, food, and inspirational speakers. This year’s Fields of Faith will feature Chris Maragos, former NFL defensive back and Philadelphia Eagles Super Bowl Champion. Food will be provided, so make plans to join your friends for this free event tomorrow night at 6 PM on Staver Field.
- Want to unite against bullying? It's easy. Wear orange! On Wednesday, October 23, 2019, color our nation, and even the world, in orange, showing that our society believes that no one child ever has to experience the physical and emotional pain of being purposefully hurt, harmed or humiliated. Send the message that every child deserves to feel safe from bullying while at school, online or in the community. Why the color orange? As Unity Day is held during October, orange is a color commonly identified with the month and the autumn season. It is also known as the color associated with "safety" and visibility. It is a color described as warm and inviting, and its vibrancy makes an impactful statement. Orange was also a color that was not being used by another widely known cause.