Nestled in the heart of Everglades, Everglades City School is a single campus school, located at the southern portion of the Everglades. The school population is comprised of 196 students in grades Pre-K through 12.
- Our school day begins at 8:10am and ends at 3:00pm
- Students are to be dropped off and picked up in the car loop area in front of the school ONLY.
The mission of Everglades City School is to provide each student with the opportunity to learn in a positive mutual respect, open communication, and fairness.
Focus Statement: "BELIEVE AND YOU WILL LEAD
Vision Statement: The vistas of learning and student achievement pivot on two fundamental cornerstones: early success in school and mastery of basic skills in reading comprehension, mathematics applications and writing skills. Readiness for learning is integral for success as children begin their educational quest. As such, a comprehensive pre-kindergarten program is essential to ensure student readiness. The mastery of basic skills is the key for success in all academic endeavors. It leads to the fulfillment of student achievement and influences student attitudes.
- All students can learn.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, and community share the responsibility for advancing our school's mission.
- Student learning is the chief priority for a school.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- Positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff enhance a student's self-esteem.