Message from Principal Ellen Keegan
"It is with great pride and excitement that I introduce myself as the new principal of Naples High School. I am truly honored to have been given this opportunity and look forward to continuing the rich traditions that exist at this school. I have been in education for over 27 years, in a wide variety of positions and I am eager to bring my skills as an educational leader, to Naples. I believe in collaboration and I am ready to work closely with the NHS staff, students, parents and community members to continue the standard of excellence that exists at Naples High School. Together we can all make a difference. I hope to see you at a Naples High School event, in the future. Go Eagles!"
CCPS VIRTUAL LEARNING DAY FOR STUDENTS
Monday, October 25, 2021 is now a Virtual Learning Day for all Collier County Public School Students. Please note that this day was originally scheduled as an Early Release Day. Students will now stay home and log into Canvas for their assignments. Teacher will have assignments on Canvas for students to complete.
Classes will resume on the NHS Campus Tuesday, October 26, 2021 at 7:10 AM.
NHS 2021 HOMECOMING DANCE INFORMATION
Homecoming ticket sales will take place the week of October 25-29 for $30. For more details on the 2021 NHS Homecoming Dance click HERE.
Each class will have a specific day that they can purchase their ticket:
- Seniors - Monday, October 25
- Juniors - Tuesday, October 26
- Sophomores - Wednesday, October 27
- Freshmen - Thursday, October 28
- Non-NHS Guests - Friday, October 29
Created by NHS Digital Design student Nicole Bejan
ENN SCHOOL NEWS FOR THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21:
- We will be selling student football tickets this Friday in the morning at 6:45 AM in front of the band room on your way in from the parking lot. Then at lunch from inside the Pro Shop. Student reduced price tickets are back $2 this week! If you wait to buy them at the gate, the ticket price increases to $7! Buy yours early and save! Please remember these tickets are for NAPLES HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS ONLY. You cannot purchase one of these reduced price tickets for your brothers or sisters that do not attend our school or your parents.
- Attention all girls interested in playing basketball at Naples High School, tryouts will be held October 25 and October 26 from 5-7 PM in the gym. For you to be able to participate in tryouts, at a minimum, you MUST have a physical and proof of insurance uploaded to your account on www.athleticclearance.com. Questions? Please stop by the NHS Athletic Office in building one.
- Seniors get your T-shirt from your SGA representative. Shirts are for sale during lunch $20!
- Seniors, Monday, November 8th will be your Senior Breakfast and Senior Meeting. Only Class of 2022 are allowed!
- All those in favor of officially changing the name of Thursday to FCA-day meet in the gym TODAY at lunch! We will start our meeting at 12:05 PM! Bring your lunch and a friend to hear a message that will inspire.
- Golden Girl meeting canceled for TODAY. No Golden Girl meeting this week.
- The NHS Volleyball team needs your support! The Golden Eagles will play Barron Collier for the District Championship tonight against Barron Collier at 7 PM. Let's go Golden Eagles!
- The NHS Girls Cross Country team ran yesterday in the Collier County Athletic Conference Meet, held at Palmetto Ridge High School. Freshman Tara Watkins led the team to a convincing first place, placing first overall. Four girls placed in the top ten, making the All-Conference Team. Amelia Jones was 3rd, Katie Stevens was 5th, and Cameron Bates placed 7th. Madison Bates placed 13th to finish the scoring. Katy Lynch was 14th and Annabelle Daley was 20th. Katie ran a PR on the difficult course. Espy Perez, Isabelle Graney, and Autumn Pinder also ran and represented Naples High School very well. Congratulations to the entire program as the NHS Boys who also won and NHS retained the over-all championship trophy.
- Congratulations to the NHS Boys Cross Country team for winning the Collier County Athletic Conference Championship yesterday. The Golden Eagles placed five boys in the top nine. Isaiah Barajas led the Golden Eagles followed by Freshman Jack Marshall, Drew Mclendon, Hector Toro, and Ricky Garcia all earning all-conference honors. Owen Marshall and Preston Gibson also had great races. Congratulations and best of luck at districts in Estero next week.
- Make sure to come out and support your NHS Eagles football team tomorrow night as they take on the South Fort Myers Wolfpack. The theme for the night is going to be a FRAT OUT. So, make sure to come dressed in your frattiest attire. If you are wondering what to pull out of the closet, think preppy. Game starts at 7:30 PM. It's going to be a game you won't want to miss.
- Don't forget to stop in the media center to get your pumpkin for the Great Pumpkin Contest. Submissions are due by next Friday.
SUPPORT THE ABC CLUB OF NHSThe Naples High School Academic Booster Club needs your help. Throughout the year they focus on supporting students' academic efforts and the teachers that provide multiple learning opportunities to their students. If you are interested in donating or what more information, please click HERE.
The Academic Booster Club
SPONSORS FOR 2020-2021
EAGLE LEVEL - $1,000.00 +
LeNoir E. Zaiser III
Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club
First Florida Integrity Bank
The Anand Family
The Calkins Family
Dr. Richard & Mrs. Robin Garcia
Harborside Animal Clinic/March Family
The Havig Family
The Khan-Bridgers Family
The Meland Family
The Tucker Family
GOLD LEVEL - $500.00
Dr. Caren F. Mikesh MD
The Purse Family
The Solomon Family
BLUE LEVEL - $250.00
Coleman Eye Care
The Colon Family
The Lamb Family
Rosa & Alex Villarreal
The Young Family
PATRONS LEVEL - $100.00
Elizabeth and Mark Bole
Greg and Carey Brisson
Erick and Anita Carter
Collier Residential Appraisal
The Conte Family
The Dawson Family
The Gaines Family
Jerry and Cheryl Geisler
Chris and Karen Hanlon
The Huynh Family
Chadd and Amy Kodak
Andrea and Mitch McLendon
The Poorman Family
The Sonneborn Family
SPONSORS LEVEL DONORS LEVEL
Michael and Kim Kane
The DeMarco Family
Suzanne, Noah, and Leah Shreeve
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
Updated May 12, 2021
NHS Blue & Gold Club Sponsors
As the 2020-21 school year is nearing an end, we would like to thank all Golden Eagle parents, alumni, business owners and community members who supported the Naples High School athletic department financially this past year, through membership in The Naples High School BLUE & GOLD CLUB. Your donations helped to sustain Golden Eagle athletics in a very meaningful way during this year of reduced revenues due to the pandemic. We would not have been able to make it all work without your help.
HALL OF FAME
Anonymous – Robert & Donna Buckel – The Calkins Family
Tim & Amy Cartwright – Dr. Richard J. Garcia, MD – Zachary Hamel
Gary & LingYan Godley in Remembrance of Bill Godley
Harborside Animal Clinic – The Havig Family – The Lynch Family
Wayne & Rebecca Meland – Park Family & Cosmetic Dentistry
Scali Family – Anthony & Ashley Solomon
Bruce & Kim Tuberville – Waterside Builders
Coleman Eye Care – DeVoe Automotive
Donald & Susan DeVoe – Tamiami Hyundai
Tom & Jo O’Reilly – The Lucy H. Storter Trust
The Tucker Family - Guy & Chrissy Winzenried
Bondi Surf Shop – Greg & Carey Brisson – Bill & Barbara Coen
Gary & Kelly Colon – Susan H. Earl – David & Gloria Flick
Family Foot and Leg Center, Kevin Lam, DPM – Chadd & Amy Kodak
JD Loden Wealth Management, LLC – Mayor Lawn Care, LLC
Martha McKee – Mitch & Andrea McLendon – George Marienthal
Erik & Cindy Mogelvang – David & Karen Nassif
Doug & Robin Olson – Proven 4 Sport – Clyde & Pearl Quinby
Doug & Chris Rogers – Elena Shaw – Storrar Family
Amy Baird – Loicis Catillo – Sue Black - Eden & Terry Cantrell
Erick & Anita Carter – Mary Cunnigham
Kyle & Jennifer Castillo – Cone Communications Company
D’Layne Graney/Coldwell Banker – Ed Koehler Designs, LLC
Stacey Fields – Flooring Solutions of SWFL, Inc. – Scott Gaines
Jerry & Cheryl Geisler – Jan Goldsmith – Colleen & Paul Gustafson
Chris & Karen Hanlon – The Hyer Family – Robert Iamurri
Carl Ingham – Dr. Paul O. Jones – John & Tammy Kennedy
The Lamb Family – Paul & Kathy Lindabury – Jack Lindung
Master Spas – McLaughlin Appraisals – Caren F. Mikesh, MD
Josephine & Stephanie Morse – John & Michele Newberry
Tom, Krissy & Savannah Pellegriti – Petry Family & Pergola, Inc.
David & Jeanne Poorman – Salon Professionals
Stephanie Rubino, Realtor – John & Angela Sanders
Susan & Carl Suarez – Cameron Tait – Neil & Jennifer Travis
Sam & Ashley Tunkle – James & Cindy Walker
Pam & Sonny Walker – Michael E. Watkins
Katy & Bob Weidenmiller – Rob & Erin Wieschowski
Gabrielle Blazina - Byrd Family
Mario Dorestal, Sr. – Tim & Lisa Fletcher
Todd & Michelle Gibson – The Goebel Family – Antonia Gresbrink
Larry Hibbett - Judith Horne – Elise Mittler, Realtor – Kim Scott
Jane Petry – Kristen Sonneborn – Danielle & Evan Story
Blaise Underhill – Tom Woodruff – Robert A. Young
Thank you for your support of Golden Eagle Athletics!!
October 15, 2021
October 14, 2021
September 30, 2021
September 17, 2021
September 2, 2021