NHS STUDENT ATHLETE AWARD APPLICATIONS NOW BEING ACCEPTED
Winged-Foot Scholar-Athlete Award
The Winged Foot Scholar-Athlete Award recognizes the best scholar-athlete from each of the Collier County High Schools. The award is perhaps the most prestigious single award made available to Collier County high school students Applications for the Winged-Foot Scholar-Athlete Award may now be picked up in the activities office. The minimum qualifications include: senior class member of high moral character, cumulative un-weighted GPA of at least 3.0 and a varsity letter in at least two sports. Completed applications, along with the required letters of recommendation, are due in the activities office no later than Thursday, April 18.
George B. Pittman and John R. Woodruff Awards
Each year since 1973, the John R. Woodruff Award has been presented to an outstanding male or female athlete at Naples High School. Since 1989, the John R. Woodruff Award has been presented to a male athlete and an equivalent honor, the George B. Pittman Award has been presented to a female athlete. These two prestigious awards are designed to recognize and honor two students who have made outstanding contributions to Naples High School in the area of athletics. Academic achievement and leadership are additional important qualifications for each award. Applications for the George B. Pittman and John R. Woodruff Awards are now available in the activities office. Minimum qualifications include: junior or senior class member and a varsity letter winner in at least two sports. Completed applications, along with the required letters of recommendation, are also due in the activities office no later than Thursday, April 18.
NHS STUDENT ATHLETE JETT SU NOMINATED FOR THE FHSAA ACADEMIC ALL-STATE TEAM
The FHSAA Academic All-State Team recognition program honors twenty-four (24) graduating seniors from around the state who excel in both athletics and academics. Naples High School Senior Jett Su was nominated based on his academic and athletic record as well as the character, sportsmanship and citizenship he has demonstrated at NHS and in the NHS community. Jett is ranked # 4 in the Class of 2019. He has earned three varsity letters in football and four in track and field. In 2019, he was awarded the prestigious Rusty Larabell Award (MVP) in football.
Academic accolades include: Princeton Book Award, National Honor Society, Student-Athlete Award, AP Human Geography Award, AP Environmental Science Award; English, Biology, Spanish II, Algebra II, and Physics Honors Awards; Certificate of Academic Excellence 2017, 2018; Academic Scholar Award 2016, 2017, 2018; AP Scholar with Honor and AP Scholar with Distinction.
Athletic accolades include:
District Champion in both Shot and Discus; Naples Daily News 1st team All-Area Track and Field; Naples Daily News All-Area Football Defensive Player, Naples High School Football Scholar-Athlete for the Collier County Chapter of the National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame; Four-time weightlifting champion for the 195, 215 and 235-pound weight classes.
2019 NAPLES HIGH SCHOOL PROM “RED CARPET RENDEZVOUS”
The Naples High School Prom will be held at The Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Club on Saturday, April 27, 2019 from 7:00 PM until 11:00 PM. Prom tickets cost $85.00 each and will include dinner and dancing at The Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Club, one of the premiere resort venues in South Florida.
IMPORTANT: Prom Ticket Sale Information
(Only Naples High School Seniors or Juniors who are not on the Obligation List may purchase a ticket)
Ticket sales for Naples High School Students ON CAMPUS, will take place in the auditorium during the lunch period. Seniors will be able to purchase their prom ticket on Tuesday, April 16. Juniors will be able to purchase their prom ticket on Wednesday, April 17. Any remaining tickets will be sold on Thursday, April 18 according to the following schedule: approved Non-NHS guests and then any Senior or Junior who did not purchase a ticket on their assigned day will be able to purchase a ticket at an increased price of $95 each.
Ticket sales for Naples High School Students OFF CAMPUS (FLVS, Beacon, FGCU /FSW) are also limited to purchasing Prom tickets during these three days. However, OFF CAMPUS students will need to call the Activities Office at 377-2228 to make arrangements with Ms. Hendry for their ticket purchase. (Parents of these students may also make arrangements with Ms. Hendry to purchase their child’s ticket.)
Ticket sales for NON-NAPLES HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS will take place ONLY on Thursday, April 18 and ONLY if there are tickets available after Tuesday and Wednesday’s ticket sales. All Non-Naples High School student guests must have a completed and approved NON-NHS Student PROM Application on file in the Activities Office not later than 2:30 PM on Friday, April 12. Applications for Non-Naples High School Students to attend Prom will be available starting April 1 in the Activities Office.
DRESS CODE – The Prom is a formal/semi-formal event and student attire must be appropriate for that occasion. Gentlemen are required to wear a jacket, dress shirt, tie, dress pants, and dress shoes. Ladies are required to wear appropriate attire: dress clothes and dress shoes, etc. Dress length must be at least mid-thigh and mid-back; plunging necklines are unacceptable. Students who fail to meet the dress code will be denied admission the Prom with no ticket refund.
DOORS OPEN/DOORS CLOSE – The River of Grass room will open at 6:30 PM. No one will be admitted AFTER 8 PM. EVERYONE must have a picture ID and their assigned Prom Ticket to be admitted to the Prom.
WATCH OUR NHS STUDENTS TAKE ON SWFL'S BEST ON NBC-2'S A-TEAM CHALLENGE
Telecast dates for the A-Team Challenge on NBC-2:
- Quarterfinals - Sunday, April 7 from 12 PM to 2 PM
- Semifinals - Sunday, April 21 from 12 PM to 1 PM
- Championship - Sunday, April 28 from 12 PM to 1 PM
To view the list of matchups, please click HERE. Viewings will be available on YouTube following NBC-2 telecast dates.
FREE PRE-PARTICIPATION PHYSICAL EVALUATIONS TO BE HELD AT NHS
Naples High School will host FREE Pre-Participation Physical Evaluations (PPE’s) on Saturday, March 30, 2019, beginning at 8 AM. Boys’ evaluations will be given from 8 AM until 8:55 AM and Girls’ evaluations will be given from 9 AM until 9:55 AM. Only NHS athletes, or prospective NHS athletes from feeder middle schools, may attend. NO boys arriving after 8:55 AM will be seen and NO girls arriving after 10 AM will be seen.
Needed Forms for PPE's:
NHS NAMES GYM COURT AFTER FORMER FHSAA HALL OF FAME COACH
On Thursday, December 13, 2018, Naples High School officially named the playing floor in the school’s gymnasium for former longtime Golden Eagles head girls basketball coach Dave Walker.
The Ceremony took place that evening just prior to the Golden Eagle girls basketball game versus St. John Neumann
Many former players, students, colleagues and friends attended the gathering.
Walker moved to Naples from Columbus, Ohio, in 1975 to begin an incredibly successful teaching and coaching career at Naples High School. He was the head girls basketball coach for 33 years retiring from coaching in 2012 with 612 wins. In April of 2012, Dave was inducted into the FHSAA (Florida High School Athletic Association) Hall of Fame, and also the Court of Legends (Florida Association of Basketball Coaches) Hall of Fame. In addition to coaching girls basketball at NHS, he also coached football, JV boys basketball and girls golf. Dave taught math at Naples High School and was the math department chair when he retired from teaching in 2010. Dave Walker passed away in February, 2017, after a long and courageous battle with brain cancer.
NHS YEARBOOKS ON SALE NOW!!!
Get your yearbook now! Yearbooks and Senior Ads are for sale. Yearbooks will be $80 for October, and $90 for November to June. Click on the banner below to purchase today.
ENN SCHOOL NEWS FOR MONDAY, MARCH 25:
- Attention all student athletes, Naples High School will be holding FREE pre-participation health screenings on March 30th. Boys will be at 8 AM and the girls will follow at 9 AM. To be able to participate in the health screenings you must have a fully completed Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation form signed by your parent AND a Parent Consent form signed by your parent with you at the time of the screening or you will not be seen. The forms are available in the athletic office or on the NHS website. Questions? See Mr. Modugno or Ms. Hendry in the Athletic Office.
- Optimist Club of Naples has five Seniors scholarships that will be awarded by the Optimist Club of Naples in the following amounts: $10,000, $6,000, $4,000, and two for $2,000. Aall amounts payable over four years with maintaining a 3.0 GPA continuously. Completed applications MUST be mailed directly to the address listed on the attached application and MUST be post marked on or before, Friday March 22, 2019.
- If you are a rising Junior or Senior and interested in volunteering at Naples Community Hospital, applications are available in the school counseling office. Deadline to apply is March 29 so act quickly.
- Hey Seniors! Got what it takes to wear the crown and be the Class of 2019's ROYAL COUPLE? Prom King and Queen nominations will be held in front of building 8 by the Green Space during lunch tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday only! Any SENIOR male or female may be nominated. Voting will take place when you buy your PROM TICKET in a couple weeks.
- State Envirothon will meet TODAY during lunch in room 3-101.
- Young Astronomers Club will be meeting this Wednesday during lunch in room 4-111.
- Parent surveys are being distributed through first period classes. All students are to take their survey home to a parent, have a parent complete the survey and then return the survey to their first period teacher by TODAY. Teachers, please collect completed surveys and submit them to Mrs. Gatis in Student Services no later than the end of TODAY for submittal to the district.
- Our Naples High School Career Fair will be held on Tuesday, March 26 in the Blue Gym. It will be open to ALL NHS students and staff during student lunch from 11:45 AM to 12:15 PM.
- Matchomatic results are back! Come find out your dream match. For only ONE dollar you can pick up your matches at our table outside building 8.
- The Varsity and JV girls basketball teams will have their awards night, TONIGHT, in the school cafeteria beginning at 6:30 PM. Please see Coach Rosset for any questions.
- Wrestling meeting TODAY at lunch in 7-101. Off Season workouts start TODAY.
- TODAY is the last day to sign up to donate blood. Do your part and save a life.
- The NHS Nutrition Services is excited to offer an expanded breakfast menu. Save money and save yourself a trip to Starbucks or Panera. Beginning Monday, 3/25/19, coffee and breakfast snacks will be sold at the Crossroads kiosk. Feature items will include coffee (an 8 oz cup for $0.75. I 12 oz cup for $1.25.) Be sure to stop by early enough to get to class on time.
- The Naples High School Prom will be held at The Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Club on Saturday, April 27. Tickets will cost $85.00 each and will include dinner and dancing. Only Naples High School Seniors or Juniors who are not on the Obligation List may buy a ticket.
- Seniors will be able to buy their prom ticket on Tuesday, April 16.
- Juniors will be able to buy their prom ticket on Wednesday, April 17.
- Any remaining tickets will be sold on Thursday, April 18 in the following order: approved Non-NHS guests and then any senior or junior who did not buy a ticket on their assigned day will be able to buy a ticket at an increased price of $95.00 each. Tickets will be sold on these three days only. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- OFF CAMPUS (FLVS, Beacon, FGCU /FSW) Seniors or Juniors are also limited to buying their Prom tickets during these three days. OFF CAMPUS students will need to call the activities office at 377-2228 and make arrangements with Ms. Hendry to buy their ticket. (Parents of these students may also make arrangements with Ms. Hendry to purchase their child’s ticket.)
- Tickets for NON-NAPLES HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS will be sold ONLY on Thursday, April 18 and ONLY if there are tickets left after Tuesday and Wednesday’s ticket sales. All Non-Naples High School student guests must have a completed and approved NON-NHS Student PROM Application on file in the activities office not later than 2:30 PM on Friday, April 12th.
- Applications for Non-Naples High School Students to attend Prom will be available starting April 1st in the NHS Activities Office.
SUPPORT THE ABC CLUB OF NHSThe Naples High School Academic Booster Club needs your help. Throughout the year they focus on supporting students' academic efforts and the teachers that provide multiple learning opportunities to their students. If you are interested in donating or what more information, please click HERE.
The Academic Booster Club
SPONSORS FOR 2018-2019
EAGLE LEVEL - $1,000.00 +
LeNoir E. Zaiser III / Zaiser Trust Fund
Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club
First Florida Integrity Bank
Wayne and Rebecca Meland
The Flegel Family
The Calkins/Sonders Family
Mark B. Gerber, MD
Matt and Allison Young
The Su Family
GOLD LEVEL - $500.00
Guy Winzenried, MD, FACG
The Douglas Family
The Moll Family
Adam and Michelle Morgenstern
Caren F. Mikesh, MD
The Lamb Family
Harborside Animal Clinic
The Havig Family
Suzanne H. Klym, Realtor
Ken and Tonya Johnson
BLUE LEVEL - $250.00
The Axline Family
The Lykins Family
The Hamel Family
Dr. and Mrs. Pavan Anand
Joe and Melissa LaCagnina
Falcon Design, Inc.
Dr. & Mrs. Adam Olmsted
The Colon Family
The Theobald/Mueller Family
Carla and David Corban
Hotel Escalante/Vernda E
Coleman Eye Center
Brian and Desiree Smith
PATRONS LEVEL - $100.00
Katrina Cross Lee
In Memory of Dr. Matthew L. Black
The Conte Family
Law Office of Pieter Van Dien
The Bole Family
Rick and Tanya Robinson
Erick and Anita Carter
The Cone Family
The Castillo Family
The Bricco Family
Chadd and Amy Kodak
JD Loden Wealth Management, Inc.
The Boyd Family
SPONSORS LEVEL DONORS LEVEL Anonymous Sponsor
Mike and Amy McCormish
Jim and Lauren Tureskis
Jerry and Cheryl Geisler
Jeff Schreier Design Group
Kyle and Jennifer Castillo
Patricia A. Chandler
Janet and Shaun Kelly
Jerry and Deborah Eddleman
James and Lisa Dawson
Todd and Michelle Gibson
The Bolduc Family
The Dumas Family
Renee and Riev Fuller
Mitch and Connie Kinstler
Joannne and Jeff Paredes
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
Updated March 21, 2019
12:30 PM - 1:30 PM Middle School Scholar Bowl Tournament
April 16, 2019
4:30 PM - 6:30 PM Regular School Board Meeting
April 19, 2019
April 22, 2019
April 23, 2019
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM School Board Work Session (Strategic Plan)
April 24, 2019
May 7, 2019
4:30 PM - 6:30 PM Regular School Board Meeting
May 10, 2019
12:15 PM - 1:15 PM Middle School Debate Tournament
February 27, 2019
February 13, 2019
February 7, 2019