Message from Principal Darren Burkett
" You will learn here, you will grow here, you will amaze yourself here!” As the first high school in Collier County, Naples High is rich in tradition and the alma mater of many community members who still support the school in a variety of ways. We are most grateful for their involvement! As the principal of NHS, I am proud to work with National Board Certified and veteran teachers, exemplary coaches, and professional support personnel who all work together to benefit our students. Our strong academic program is designed to meet the needs of a diverse academic population, our successful athletic program challenges and motivates our student athletes, and our many extracurricular offerings are available to all students willing to become more involved in their school. Students who attend NHS have the opportunity for a most positive high school experience. As you visit not only our website but also our physical campus, remember this: There are only two kinds of people in the world, Golden Eagles, and those who want to be Golden Eagles!"
SPRING 2020 UNDERCLASSMEN AWARDS
Last spring we were not able to recognize our students due to the closing of schools. Our goal was to have a September awards ceremony, but Covid has not cooperated. So instead, we created video presentation as a small, but sincere, way of letting our students know we are proud of them. Below are the links to the awards which will also be sent to students through Canvas on Monday as well as posted on our school website:
Class of 2023: Sophomore Spring Awards
Class of 2022: Junior Spring Awards
Class of 2021: Senior Spring Awards
NO SCHOOL FOR HURRICANE MAKE-UP DAYS AND FALL BREAK
On Monday, November 23 and Tuesday, November 24 there will be NO SCHOOL for CCPS students and staff due to Hurricane Make-Up Days that are not necessary.
From Wednesday, November 25 to Friday, November 27 there will be NO SCHOOL for CCPS students and staff for Fall Break.
NHS classes will resume on Monday, November 30 at 7:10 AM. Please have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!
ENN SCHOOL NEWS FOR FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 20:
- Because visitors’ seating (with social distancing) for football games at Barron Collier High School is extremely limited, there will be no student ticket sales for this Friday’s Region Quarterfinal football playoff game at BC. Ticket vouchers have been given to varsity football players and varsity cheerleaders only. Everyone else who wants to watch the game may do so via livestreaming on the NFHS Network.
- Great win for the NHS Boys Basketball team over the Gulf Coast Sharks 95-46. The Golden Eagles had five players scoring in double figures last night. Tony Green with 28 point, James Cone with 16, Byntley Theork with 12, Max Youmans with 11, and Alex Greenling with 10. The team's next game is Friday vs Bishop Verot at Barron Collier's Shootout at 5:30.
- The NHS JV Boys Soccer team lost their match at Gulf Coast 2-0 last night while the varsity team fell 3-0.
- Reminder to all students who have not yet picked up their laptop case, please drop by the LMC and see Ms. Julie. All CCPS laptops are required to be in a case, no exceptions! The CCPS provided laptop case came with a small silica packet for shipping purposes only. Please check your case to ensure you do not have one of these tiny packets still inside the case as they can break open and cause damage to the laptop. Anyone with questions can come by the Library for assistance.
- One last reminder from the LMC, please use the extended break to hunt down any missing books from last year. Check your Destiny account to see exactly which Library books or Textbooks you have missing. Speak with Mrs. Sexton or Ms. Julie about any fees or fines you have on your account.
- Have a happy Thanksgiving and stay safe NHS!
SUPPORT THE ABC CLUB OF NHSThe Naples High School Academic Booster Club needs your help. Throughout the year they focus on supporting students' academic efforts and the teachers that provide multiple learning opportunities to their students. If you are interested in donating or what more information, please click HERE.
The Academic Booster Club
SPONSORS FOR 2020-2021
EAGLE LEVEL - $1,000.00 +
The Calkins Family
Harborside Animal Clinic/March Family
The Havig Family
The Tucker Family
LeNoir E. Zaiser III/Zaiser Trust Fund
GOLD LEVEL - $500.00
The Purse Family
Dr. Caren F. Mikesh MD
BLUE LEVEL - $250.00
The Colon Family
The Lamb Family
PATRONS LEVEL - $100.00
Greg and Carey Brisson
Erick and Anita Carter
The Conte Family
The Gaines Family
Jerry and Cheryl Geisler
The Huynh Family
Andrea and Mitch McLendon
The Sonneborn Family
SPONSORS LEVEL DONORS LEVEL
Michael and Kim Kane
The DeMarco Family
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
Updated November 11, 2020
November 19, 2020
November 11, 2020
September 29, 2020
September 11, 2020
September 8, 2020