Advanced Studies in CCPS Elementary Schools
for Elementary School Students Who Are Gifted or High-AchievingCambridge Primary
Cambridge Primary is designed to help students develop the skills and abilities necessary for the evolving challenges of the 21st century. Emphasis is placed on the development of students’ critical thinking skills, problem-solving skills, communication skills, creativity, and the ability to collaborate with peers. Students in a Cambridge Primary elementary school classroom use an inquiry-based approach to learning which focuses on promoting critical thinking, analysis, and strong writing skills.
Cambridge Primary builds student proficiency, knowledge, and understanding in Math, English Language Arts, Science and Social Studies. It is devised to meet the needs of high ability learners who demonstrate readiness to engage in a rigorous program which fosters curiosity and a high level of student engagement.
Cambridge Primary teachers create an active learning environment in which students are innovative, reflective, and confident. Teachers support the development of the skills and content knowledge necessary to prepare students to be successful in future advanced studies classes or programs.
Watch this video for a glimpse into the CCPS Cambridge Primary classrooms.CCPS Cambridge Primary teachers:
Cambridge Primary promotes the development of lifelong learners who are prepared and eager to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
- have extensive knowledge in utilizing research-based best practices for meeting the needs of high ability learners
- teach for depth of content
- connect learning to real-world applications
- incorporate inquiry-based instructional strategies such as Socratic Seminar and Debate
- use assessment for instructional decision-making
- model problem-solving and creative thinking for their students
- are reflective learners themselves
Summer AssignmentStudents in Cambridge Primary next school year may access their summer assignments here. Read the directions carefully, and complete the assignment over the summer. We look forward to seeing you in August!
- 1st Grade Novel: Frog and Toad Are Friends by Arnold Lobel
- 2nd Grade Novel: Henry and Mudge: The First Book by Cynthia Rylant
- 3rd Grade Novel: Frindle by Andrew Clements
- 4th Grade Novel: A Cricket in Times Square by George Selden
- 5th Grade Novel: A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
If there are any questions or concerns concerning the Cambridge Primary Summer Assignment, please contact Ms. Donna Ryerson at 239.377.0107.
- Summer Assignment Letter for Parents and Guardians
- Summer Assignment for Elementary Students in Cambridge Primary
Collier County's Academic Competitions and Programs provide a place for students to be challenged with rigorous content. Students expand their critical thinking and creative skills while developing leadership and teamwork skills.Click here to read an article in Neapolitan Family magazine about our Academic Competitions Programs.Click on each competition to learn more.Contact your school to find out how to be a part of these programs!