School Recognition Funds (A+ Recognition)
Schools that receive a grade of "A," schools that improve at least one performance grade, or schools that improve more than one letter grade and sustain the improvement the following year are eligible for school recognition. Funds for the Florida School Recognition Program shall be awarded by the Commissioner of Education in the amount of up to $100 per Full Time Equivalent student for each qualifying school.
The staff and school advisory council at each recognized school jointly decide how to use the financial award. As specified in statute, schools must use their awards for one or any combination of the following:
- Nonrecurring faculty and staff bonuses;
- Nonrecurring expenditures for educational equipment and materials; or
- Temporary personnel to assist in maintaining or improving student performance.
If school staff and the school advisory council cannot reach agreement by February 1, the awards must be equally distributed to all classroom teachers currently teaching in the school.
- School Recognition Fund FAQs
- Florida Statute 1008.36 - Florida School Recognition Program
- FLDOE School Recognition - General Information
Please contact Kate Drilling for additional resources or training.